March 28, 2024, 03:58:04 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cedricbionic

Hello! i'm a newbie on this forum and on famicom collection but just the good games, i'm also a player.

I'm in love with my famicom AV in RGB mod with a fresh FDS and a little Sharp TV  8)

I'm French, so excuse my "Frenglish"  ;D
Diskeuh Systemeuh!

wyatt8740

Heya. This is Wyatt8740 (real name also Wyatt...)

Long time lurker, long-time nesdev IRC frequenter, five-year famicom owner, but first-time poster here. I've owned four or five famicoms (all HVC-001 models), but am down to one working one and one system I'm keeping as a backup now (I kept the two cleanest ones).

(click image for full size)

I had two copies of Dragon Warrior, one of which had bad SRAM, so I used its shell for my flash cart.

I've never bought one listed as tested working, but all I've had have worked with minimal to no effort on my part regardless.

Both mine are AV modded, and my main one has had its player 1 controller cable swapped with one from an NES (with the original famicom PCB connector spliced on to the end) for extended length. I don't really plan to RGB mod anytime soon, though I have RGB CRT's, just because I'm a university student in America and that's an expensive mod to do (my CRT's were just lucky finds).

UglyJoe

Nice Sun Microsystems keyboard!  I have one like it but with more purple accents.

daver

Zelas12

Hello, my name is Tomasz, I'm 38 years old. I come from Poland. I've been involved in games for almost a few dozen years. I am a player and a collector :).

carmine

Hello to everyone, I am Carmine, I have Italian origins, just discovered the forum. Hope to find interesting people and interesting contents :)

Jobeason

hello all I'm new here I have visited this site several times and not really new what the what's and was of the site if anyone out there can give me a good 411 on all things the ropes u can say I be very delighted my name is Joe it's very nice to meet any one thanks .oh p.s I forgot I'm a big fan of FDS system famicom translation also nes and super nes also any translation on any those systems I have been thinking of trying to translate several of the not so translated games I would appreciate any response I speak a wide range of languages from basic latin to ukrainian german spanish portuguese english of course and two languages not so heard of called cree and esperanza so I think because it this special gift I have to understand the fundamentals and sentence structure of languages I could be of some help to this cause thanks

p0cketpingp0ng

Ok soooooo....
I've followed this forum for YEARS.... should have joined along time ago.
Weird thing is as much as I love the Famicom I've never actually owned one (don't hate me!)
I've owned a Super Famicom day one and am pretty much a Nintendo fanboy.
I've recently been playing fan translations of old Famicom games and it's proper got me into the scene.
Anyway, Sweet to finally join!

P

Welcome all of you to Famicom World!

We often complain that many fantastic games are locked away from the rest of the world because they are only available in Japanese, but even games only available in Japanese and English (which would be the majority of games for most systems) also means a lot of people can't enjoy them.
Translating a game is no small task, especially as they need to be reverse engineered, but nowadays many classic games have been translated into all kinds of languages. Hopefully in the future, old games will be more widely available for people that are curious about them.

Pocketpingpong SFC is also a great system and one of my favorites of all time. SFC games has the benefit that they don't really age and are comparable to modern 2D games.

Sentientprism

No ones gonna read this but I'm bored so why not

I'm trying to get into famicom collecting, starting with getting an AV modded famicom
Ive been on this forum on and off without an account, so decided to make one
Hope i can start collecting soon :-[
Anyone remember the name of that weird Japanese NES?

Epic_Lotus

Hello!  I would like to reintroduce myself after a very long absence. I am just getting back into collecting for Famicom, and look forward to chatting with all of you!  I just picked up a nice CIB copy of Megami Tensei II thay I am really excited about. It even has an unused sticker sheet! 

Cheers!

Sentientprism

Quote from: Epic_Lotus on April 13, 2021, 12:32:53 pmHello!  I would like to reintroduce myself after a very long absence. I am just getting back into collecting for Famicom, and look forward to chatting with all of you!  I just picked up a nice CIB copy of Megami Tensei II thay I am really excited about. It even has an unused sticker sheet! 

Cheers!
I love those stupid sticker sheets that were in so many old Japanese games. I wonder if some household has one of these around and doesn't realize its value...
Anyone remember the name of that weird Japanese NES?

infamouscom

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all  ;D

Jase

Hiya everyone, I'm a newcomer to FW but certainly not to Nintendo gaming. I own the SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii and Wii-U. Very shortly I'll also own an AV Famicom so it seemed like a good idea to join this forum. :)

UglyJoe

Hey, welcome!  What games are you getting with the Famicom?