Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Namicom

It was Super Mario Bros and i beat it but now I'm trying to beat Kero Kero Keroppi Daibouken 2, wish me luck :)
The Hardcore Gamer it's Here!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡

UglyJoe

Mighty Final Fight

Graphics are great but the game isn't especially fun :-[

Got to level 5 and didn't bother continuing since it was just frustrating.

GraveyardDuck

Preki

Hudson's Nuts & Milk. Not the hottest one on the system but historically significant as the first third-party game on the Famicom. And personally too, this is probably the very first game I played from a multicart on a clone console back when I was a little brat, fiddling with the editor more than with the game proper. The reason why I played it after all these long years? Trying to beat buddy's high-score in it :D

adori_12

That's a pretty good game. It's easily on par with first-party Nintendo games from that era, and it's sad people don't talk about it more often. That name though, I guess they thought naming the characters Nuts and Milk was just a cute and Innocent food reference ::)
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

ID415

Bird Fighter - I really love that game.

jimcom

The last one was the Contra. It's a great game. Also, it is available on Android.

Ghegs

Just beat Star Wars (Lucasfilm Games version) for the first time, though I did use some continues, all in the penultimate segment where you need to destroy a million TIE Fighters before the trench run.

I really like the physics in the platforming stages, and the game is impressively open for a licensed NES game. You can do Tatooine in any order you like, though there are benefits to doing certain parts before others. And if you want to skip Han Solo and just hijack the Millennium Falcon, that's totally an option, as is ignoring rescuing Leia.

The final shmup stage is acceptable, but the two stages before that bring the whole game down a notch or three. Still a fun game overall.

Saab93

Last game i played was a "pulse-line" copy of Mario Bros. Arcade

Jase

Out of the seven FC games that I currently own, I've been playing Elevator Action quite a lot and after getting the hang of the game mechanics its been great fun and it's a pretty decent conversion of the arcade machine.

I have to admit that I hadn't heard of it till a recent browse through YouTube for FC recommendations but I can see how its premise has influenced countless platforming and action games on scores of machines over the decades. I just wish that I could figure out how to react against the enemies when they crouch and fire. Better practice with the jumping I suppose.

P

The original arcade version is one of my all time favorite games, and one that I come back to again and again. Elevator Action Returns is also a great fun '90s arcade game.
The Famicom version plays a bit too different from the arcade version for my liking though, so I have hardly played this version.

In the original game, crouching enemy agents are dangerous and prone enemy agents are even more dangerous, and both requires good timing in jumps. An enemy in prone position can only be shot by using an elevator to adjust your height with as far as I know.

Preki

Terra Cresta - it's a fun little arcade port, and belive or not, the American NES version is slightly better in terms of music. Agan, I've taken up this game because a pal of mine set the high score, so I gotta beat him :P

Jase

Quote from: P on February 02, 2022, 02:07:43 pmThe original arcade version is one of my all time favorite games, and one that I come back to again and again. Elevator Action Returns is also a great fun '90s arcade game.
The Famicom version plays a bit too different from the arcade version for my liking though, so I have hardly played this version.

In the original game, crouching enemy agents are dangerous and prone enemy agents are even more dangerous, and both requires good timing in jumps. An enemy in prone position can only be shot by using an elevator to adjust your height with as far as I know.

I'll try both under MAME. :)

On the Famicom front, I've been enjoying New Ghostbusters II. I sought it out after watching a YouTube review and I'm very much glad that I did so. It's really enjoyable - the programmers really paid attention to the subject material and did it justice (unlike many film licences) and I've taken a particular liking to the music.

Mačka

Ai Senshi Nicole. Never hear of this one, but it was neat.

otaida

Since I'm working on a hack (just a re-skin), I'm mostly playing Yoshi No Tamago 1-2 hours a day