fcgamer's Closing Down Shop Sales Thread (40% off SALE)

Started by fcgamer, October 18, 2021, 11:18:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

October 18, 2021, 11:18:36 am Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:01:14 am by fcgamer
NOTE:

I'm now giving discount of 40% off for purchases of $50 USD or over (excludes shipping). This applies to the Famicom games and the other games. Please send me messages on what you'd like, let's clear my place out!

Hey everyone,

It's been a good run, but after much thought, I've decided to call it quits with my corner shop. It's been a long time coming, honestly, but here's what it all boils down to:

A. It's become harder and harder to find decent items to resell around my area. Local people finally started realizing that these old games were collectable and popular, so you just don't find many classic games anymore. Even when you do find something somewhat interesting, everyone wants the moon for it.

B. The post office has now started requiring the usage of electronic customs forms when sending items abroad. This applies to a large portion of Europe, as well as the States and Canada. This was implemented due to new tax laws in Europe, taking effect last spring / summer. I take issue with the situation though, as it creates a lot more work for myself, and I feel as though I'm just doing the postal clerk's job for him / her.

C. I'm from the States originally, and starting next year, there is a nasty law requiring those that earn over $600 USD to declare taxes on the items. I don't mind paying the taxes, but as the paypal account is in my mother's name, due to some BS that happened ten years ago, I am not willing to start causing potential tax complications for my parents, especially over the stupidly low amount of sales I make in a year.

D. I just don't have the time or energy to properly manage my sales threads anymore. I thank all of you guys here for your kindness, and while I've never screwed anyone over, my shipping times / delays have gotten worse and worse over the years.

This had started out as a fun hobby as a way for me to fund my collection, while also unloading any extra games I found, but by now I just have many other projects I am involved with (some are video game related, there are some exciting things to come hopefully next year that I think you guys will love), and due to A + B + C, after this year, I'm out.

SALES:

Here's my two sale pages on Famicom World. Aside from the ITG-Soft Home Brew / Indie games, which I don't set the price on and merely act as a distributor, everything else is on sale. Any new inventory I add will be excluded from the sale, though I always discount when people buy multiple things, or are friends with me. :) ;)

Let's start off, 15% off the stuff in these threads, feel free to make offers as well. The Famicom stuff I don't mind keeping, though the stuff on other consoles I really do want to unload. 

I'll keep offering higher discounts as the weeks go on, but then again, I also am always ready for an offer, so message me if you want something, let's do this! Gotta clear it out by December. :)

Other consoles:

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=15125.0

Famicom:

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=15124.0

Thanks again for the loyal service everyone. Finally started looking into publishing my book again too, hopefully that will become a reality next year ;)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

portnoyd

Quote from: fcgamer on October 18, 2021, 11:18:36 amA. It's become harder and harder to find decent items to resell around my area. Local people finally started realizing that these old games were collectable and popular, so you just don't find many classic games anymore. Even when you do find something somewhat interesting, everyone wants the moon for it.

Unfortunately can be said for collecting in general. :(

Good luck on the clear out. I'm sure you'll get most of it out fast. I am shocked eBay didn't lobby to yank out that $600 clause from the final stimulus bill. It's going to have a huge effect on their operations.

fcgamer

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

jensma