Where to get a FDSstick currently

Started by Sahasrahla, March 27, 2021, 06:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

asper

Quote from: Skawo on January 19, 2023, 12:34:41 pmOpen up CMD, drag in rdafds, then drag in the RDA/RDB and then specify the outfile

So for example, you end up with
rdafds.exe in.rda out.fds

That said, using the master disks as-is ,eaves an unmistakeable mark that they've been rewritten with the FDSStick, as the various fields in the header are not set properly.
Thank you ! I am building a twin famicom cable adapter to use FDSStick to write disks... is there any picture showing pinout for the 2.0 -> 2.5 mm adapter-connector taken from the RAM Adapter ? Is it a direct pin-to-pin ? I see a small pcb at tototek but he as not it for sale anymore so I am building it. Thank you very much for your help ! I mean the small one laying unconnected over the console plastic case in this picture:

Skawo

P

asper

January 20, 2023, 11:41:07 am #18 Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 11:54:45 am by asper
Quote from: Skawo on January 19, 2023, 12:52:51 pmSee this video and the links in its description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn_i7frLTk
Yeah i saw it but i cannot understand if the small purple pcb adapter shown at minute 19:00 is pin-to-pin with the blue RAM adpetr connector... do you know ? I asked tototek but no answer...

Skawo

Has anyone had an issue while writing a disk, where the first side of the disk is written fine, but for the second side the FDS just suddenly stops after the read head returns to the home position?

Happens intermittently for me, and sometimes I just end up splitting the disk image into two to avoid this.

Is this some bug with the FDS Stick, or...?

Stephen

Quote from: Skawo on February 03, 2023, 02:04:34 pmHas anyone had an issue while writing a disk, where the first side of the disk is written fine, but for the second side the FDS just suddenly stops after the read head returns to the home position?

Happens intermittently for me, and sometimes I just end up splitting the disk image into two to avoid this.

Is this some bug with the FDS Stick, or...?
From what I've observed I'm very confident it's the FDS Stick. I just restart the write process from Side A - It's infrequent enough for me that it's only a minor inconvenience.

Skawo

Ah, so it's not just my wiring or something. Good to know, cheers.