List of FDS games ported to carts

Started by JC, April 26, 2008, 10:24:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KEVMAN569

Quote from: Jabra on May 14, 2008, 08:59:11 am
Quote from: KEVMAN569 on May 12, 2008, 06:03:11 pm
The original Castlevania was originally on FDS before it came out on cart.

since it was released officialy on a cart this means it is not FDS-exclusive Game

But it was an FDS-exclusive game, like every other game on this list before it came out on cart.  Plus there are pirate versions of Akumajou Dracula.

JC

It doesn't count as FDS-exclusive because it wasn't exclusive to the FDS...it was officially released on cart. All of the titles in this list were never officially released on cart (so far as we know).

KEVMAN569

Quote from: JC on May 14, 2008, 08:19:22 pm
It doesn't count as FDS-exclusive because it wasn't exclusive to the FDS...it was officially released on cart. All of the titles in this list were never officially released on cart (so far as we know).

As far as I know the cart version is like the NES version, lacking an easy mode.  So the FDS version is exclusive because no other versions contain these features.

UglyJoe

Quote from: KEVMAN569 on May 15, 2008, 05:04:07 pm
As far as I know the cart version is like the NES version, lacking an easy mode.  So the FDS version is exclusive because no other versions contain these features.

Incorrect.  The Famicom cart version has normal/easy selection at the title screen, the FDS version does not.  The FDS version can save your progress (and has an extra song for the save selection screen), the cart version does not.  There may be some differences in the songs, depending on how much Konami utilized the saw wave in the FDS version.

KEVMAN569

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 15, 2008, 05:26:24 pm
Quote from: KEVMAN569 on May 15, 2008, 05:04:07 pm

Incorrect.  The Famicom cart version has normal/easy selection at the title screen, the FDS version does not.  The FDS version can save your progress (and has an extra song for the save selection screen), the cart version does not.  There may be some differences in the songs, depending on how much Konami utilized the saw wave in the FDS version.

Ah so I guess there are small differences, but are you sure the FDS version didn't have an easy mode?  I played a FDS ROM with an easy mode and a save feature.

UglyJoe

Quote from: KEVMAN569 on May 15, 2008, 05:57:43 pm
Ah so I guess there are small differences, but are you sure the FDS version didn't have an easy mode?  I played a FDS ROM with an easy mode and a save feature.

I have a few different roms for the FDS version (1.0, 1.2, and a few 1.2 Hacks).  The hacks that I've played give you 99 hearts and 15 lives and sometimes infinite life, but that's not the same as easy mode (and, you know, is a hack).

Rob64

Legend of Zelda is on a cart, I saw it on JGS (Japan Game Stock)
Now you're playing with Power

JC

Rob64

I am not sure if it is exactly the same, there is not much of a description. If I had to guess, maybe not because the FDS has the fm synthesis chip the famicom dojo mentions. Other than that, it may be the same. Here's a link to where I found it:

http://www.japangamestock.com/buy_video_games.php?products_id=7723
Now you're playing with Power

keiffer01

Roger Rabbit for Disk System was also ported for NES but as The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: keiffer01 on November 14, 2008, 05:50:35 pm
Roger Rabbit for Disk System was also ported for NES but as The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle.

Wait wasn't Roger Rabbit called who framed Roger Rabbit for the NES? Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle is another game I think.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

ericj

No, he's right. The Bugs Bunny game and Roger Rabbit are the same game with different sprites.

FamicomFreak

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Damn talk about laziness....
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Agent X

Two of my favorite Japanimation (yes I'm showing my late 80s American Otaku age here with that term) shows Dirty Pair and GAL-FORCE got FDS games.  Does anyone know if someone (an individual) or a pirate company ever put these games on a cartridge format, and if so... whom do I contact for them?  If only FDS, then it looks like a Famicom Twin is in my future.  Wait Times and all.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

JC

To my knowledge and according to our list at the front of this thread, no. Never seen them. That doesn't mean they don't exist on cart, as Whirlwind Manu, Kaiser and Lee-Yin ported many disk games.