Want to know how to dump and write FDS disks?

Started by JC, August 18, 2008, 09:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I've got CopyMaster, but that's it. And I don't have it dumped. I've never seen any writing software ROMs on the 'net. chimyfolkbutter has them, so perhaps he'll share them with us at some point.

chimyfolkbutter

I just sent JC the Disk Keeper image.  It was a bit%! to get but I am sharing it with all of you.  Good Luck!

wolf9545

So once the disk image gets put up here (by the way, where will it be?) how do you write disk keeper on the disk if you don't already have a disk keeper program?

Edit:
I just checked my email and I see I was sent a copy of the program, thanks.  Main question still applies, how to put it on a disk without a copy of the program to begin with?

chimyfolkbutter

That's the dilemma.  You need a copy program written to disk by someone who has one plus an FDS cable plus a DOS machine that runs FDSLoader.  This is a nasty combination that only a few have been able to replicate.  I could write the disk for you but you need to get a PC from the 90s to run FDSLoader.  I am such a pack rat, I had my old PC that worked with FDSLoader.   I lucked out that I had some friends on other boards that copied copymaster for me.  Then I had to make the FDSLoader cable which was tedious but doable.

I don't want to discourage anyone but I want to set the expectations.  It's hard but it is possible.

-CFB

chimyfolkbutter

The requirements for Disk Keeper are on the bottom of my article,     
Disk Keeper Review and Tutorial (FamicomWorld Exclusive!)

wolf9545

I saw that.  What I am saying is that if one has a FDS, an old computer running DOS (have some old pc's that I can use), has made the cable (looking for instructions right now), a blank disk and a game disk, but doesn't have a disk with disk keeper on it how does one create the disk keeper?

chimyfolkbutter

Someone has to write Disk Keeper for you or You get FDSLoader to write it (which I have not seen anyone other than the Developer to get FDSLoader to write a disk)

JC

Quote from: wolf9545 on November 16, 2008, 04:41:01 pm
So once the disk image gets put up here [...]

It's been our policy to never post or allow to be posted any ROMs or pirating software; PM inquiries are welcome.

wolf9545

Sorry about that, didn't really know how the Disk Keeper software would be considered.

nintendodork

BUMP

So I take it 133MHz still doesn't have the FDS :-/
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Paul-FC

Quote from: nintendodork on December 30, 2008, 04:51:51 pm
BUMP

So I take it 133MHz still doesn't have the FDS :-/

no he has it.
plus he knows how to write disks..
but give him time to make a thread about it...k?

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

cadillake

PatMan33

JC

Yeah, it's taken a while, but it's not 133's fault. If I have time, it should be online in a couple of weeks, but I've been so busy I haven't been able to wrap up some loose ends to get it online.