Games Lists (errors and additions)

Started by the_wizard_666, August 01, 2006, 04:57:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much little things like these really help the site. :)

DevIancE

Quote from: FamicomJL on February 02, 2007, 03:51:25 pm
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much little things like these really help the site. :)

Well I do kinda...  I found this site by searching for part numbers for my Famicom Disks on Google, and when I typed in the part number, it  usually linked me here. I know a few other collectors at RFGen use it as a cross reference also.
That list is incredibly helpful when you have a stack of Japanese games to go through, and don't know what they are called. It's also one of the few lists of Famicom/ FDS games on the internet, so I'll try to contribute to it whenever I can.

DevIancE

For some reason I can't find jack for Aso Maze, or Curotsukusu. Are these games confirmed to exist?

Fami Disks

Breeder - Part # = SFC-BRE
Clox - Part # = GTS-CXD    Release Date = 04/19/91
Clu Clu Land - Welcome To New Clu Clu Land  Part # = FMC-CLD
Cocona World - Part # = SFL-CCN

Josh

February 11, 2007, 08:18:09 am #33 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:23:52 am by Josh
Hmmm...Well, the first "Fire Emblem" should probably be better written in roumaji as "Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi".  That's what's traditionally seen on the Internet, though your romanization of the title is pretty much close enough.  Just a little thing I noticed...

EDIT:  I can get really picky, so for Super Mario Bros.:  "NES PAL" is written as "NES PAL".  Notice the lack of italics on the L!!!

JC

Thanks, guys.

All games (and name spellings) were confirmed using the most popular English games list book (Tokyo's Metro Museum of Photo) But that book has mistakes, so it's possible that some of the games show on both of the lists simply don't exist. I've left them on just in case.

And Josh, don't worry about being "picky." It's great to have someone other than myself catch those little things.

DevIancE

Someone might want to put some kind of note beside the questionable releases until they are confirmed, so that people either know that they might not exists, or someone might be able to confirm if the titles exist or not.

JC

Those that are really questionable have had a (?) for some time. I don't think there are any like that on the disk list, because most have been confirmed with the book. But, in time, if we don't find any info on the ones missing some info, they'll be removed. The lists are works-in-progress.

Josh

Speaking of that book, what exactly is it anyway?  I wasn't able to find anything on Google after a couple of minutes...What does it have in it?  Where can I get it?

JC

HERE.

You can also find it on eBay, but it's more expensive -- but worth it.

DevIancE

Does that book have pics of every Fami Disk, and Fami Cart?

kite200

ステキ

JC

Not exactly all, but they did really good. There's a few missing, and at the end of the book is a big pic of a disk with a list of disk games of which they weren't able to take pics. It's great, though, because I think it's the only one in English.

kite200

Ok, Fairy Pinball is a hacker game not a superpig
ステキ

JC

February 13, 2007, 09:44:18 pm #43 Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:23:36 pm by JC
How sure are you? I've seen it for sale more than once with Super Pig inserts.

EDIT: After a bit of research, I've confirmed what you claimed. I wonder where I got the idea it was Super Pig.

michaelthegreat

You have two games marked as Momotaro Densetsu.  Actually only one is Momotaro Densetsu (Peach Boy Legend).  The other is Momotaro Dentetsu (Peach Boy Train). 

Peach Boy Legend is the 1987 one as you have and Peach Boy train is the 1988 one.  Peach Boy Train is HFC-M2.

Now that this is cleared up, I'm sure that many of us will be able to sleep better at night...   ;D