Rules for Posting Here

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 08:35:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

I never pay attention to signatures from forum posters, unless I am really bored. But yea, images can usually be an eyesore so thats why the rule is in place.

nintendodork

Suggestion: Could there be a rule about making multiple bump posts?  Really all that needs to be done is make one post for a bump, and then delete it and repost it everytime you want to bump your sales thread or something.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: nintendodork on April 28, 2010, 11:39:44 am
Suggestion: Could there be a rule about making multiple bump posts?  Really all that needs to be done is make one post for a bump, and then delete it and repost it everytime you want to bump your sales thread or something.

Yeah.

The person won't automatically go buy w/e he/she sees, so bumping the thread becomes useless.

I've never bumped my threads because it's just not worth it, it's actually spam for me.

JC

It's annoying in excess but doesn't require a rule, I think.

nensondubois

Too late; someone botched it. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to bump it and make a status update. Extremely convenient for everyone, hooray! ::)

Marlon

May 13, 2010, 08:25:40 pm #80 Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:31:41 pm by Marlon
I don't like post merge :(

Post Merge: May 13, 2010, 08:31:41 pm

Also can we make a bump button ???
Visit My Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/marlondudeful

UglyJoe

Your posts are getting auto-merged to prevent double posting, which has always been against the rules.

If you try to bump your thread but it gets auto-merged, it is effectively the same as editing your previous post.  This will mark the post as for other users.  It won't appear as new to you, but the other users will be able to tell that you've updated it.

If you're trying to bump your thread to the top of the list, you can delete your last bump and then bump it again.  This gets around the auto-merge.  You could also wait three days between bumps, at which point the auto-merge won't kick in.

nensondubois

May 14, 2010, 09:42:12 am #82 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:57:56 am by nensondubois
Whatever; Things were fine before. I don't know why it *needed* to be changed. People and their dumbass suggestions, maybe. Someone else was pissed too.

nintendodork

Because double posting is stupid.  That's why.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

May 14, 2010, 12:12:16 pm #84 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:18:12 pm by ericj
I only find it annoying when it's been a couple days and something new is posted to a thread by the same person. With the post merge, it doesn't show up on "Recent Posts" because the new post merges with the old, which is why I think it's annoying. Without specifically looking at the new posts, things can be missed. If the new post merges could be bumped to the top of the Recent Posts page, it wouldn't bother me. I think it's a legitimate reason not to like the feature.

EDIT: Also, threads can get confusing when reading through them since the timeline of the posts doesn't follow the conversation without checking and retracking through the dates to put it back in order. I see this an an inefficiency. I'm interested to see how this works with forum games, such as the Add/Delete a vote.

nensondubois

Not if you're trying to make a sale. You shouldn't have to bring up your topic every three days so people are more likely to see it and buy something.

nintendodork

Well if the people wanted something in it, shouldn't they feel obligated to bump the topic themselves?  Besides, I have no problem with waiting three days between bumps for my threads if no one posts in that time frame.

nensondubois

Sure, if they can find it.

hagai

hello guys im a new member of this famicom world, how can i edit my profile here??:D

UglyJoe

Welcome to the forums!  To edit your profile, click on the image at the top and then use the links on the left.