April 19, 2024, 11:53:04 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fromjapanwithpixels

I'm fromjapanwithpixels. My friends usually call me Gigi or Geeg/Geegs. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to register several days ago.

I kind of like video games a lot; it was something I enjoyed when I was younger but gave up for much of the last decade over personal reasons, then a few years ago I returned to the hobby with a new found appreciation for the medium.  :D

I've mostly been focusing on the sixth and seventh generations of consoles as these were the ones I missed out on the most while I wasn't gaming (a retro gamer that likes new games?! MADNESS), however a while back I decided to return to the NES, the system I grew up with. Of course by NES I mean Famicom as I wanted to experience these games without the censorship and westernization that was so common in localized Nintendo games back in those days.

... and that's basically how I ended up here!  :D

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

VegaVegas

WTF- Welcome to Famicomworld!

Drakon

Welcome.  The downside to famicom only games is they're only in japanese...especially if it's a rpg....otherwise they're usually identical superior to the US versions.....except for US only releases like kick master  >:(

narunetto

Hey everyone,

New here, I had found the site last week and have been looking over everything and decided to join up! I've been wanting to get into Famicom collecting and now that I have a job, I'll be able to make it a reality.

manuel

Let me be the first one to say welcome!
I hope you stay around.  :gamer:

Aimsworth

I've been lurking for awhile, figured I'd finally introduce myself. I've always had a strong interest in the famicom although I've never owned one (I have owned a NES though). My top 3 games that have influenced me from that era are: Guardic Gaiden (ガーディック外伝), Chô Wakusei Senki Metafight (超惑星戦記メタファイト), and Dengeki Big Bang (電撃ビッグバン). I'd love to own these games at some point.

I hope to acquire a famicom sometime over the summer for a special project.

よろしくおねがいします。  ;D

sconley666

My Name is Sean.  My parents used to own a authorized Nintendo rental and repair shop here in the US.  I got into collecting NES when it came out here in the us while my parents had the store.  I got heavy into collecting NES after I got sick and quit touring. [I was in a national touring Rock/Metal band for 7 years]  Collecting was a really great way to keep my mind off of having my chemo treatments.  I hit the last about 160games I needed and started to get into the idea of Famicom collecting.  Mainly games worth having that have little to no japanese and non-us released games, as well as Pirates.  I was/am a member of Nintendoage but things there were less about collecting to play and more about collecting to sell at inflated prices.  I still would use NA and have nothing bad to say, I don't want to get banned there but the prices have gotten WAAAY out of range.  I don't mind dropping $X00s of dollars on 1 game but there at NA its all about CIB and Sealed.  I want to play the games and always had the "i collect to play" I don't need the cardboard.  So here I am and I have been treated WAAAAYYYY better just because the atmosphere is just different.  Also NA turned into sega and neo geo and playstation and everything but NES.  If it was NES it had to have a VGA grade of 85+ or no one wants to talk.  It just got too expensive and out of my league.  I love it here and the people have been nothing but kind and want to talk about Fami games and playing and collecting not bragging about bullshit.  It feels like its turning into DigitPress, where Superiority reigns supreme.

Thank you Famicom World, you opened my eyes to great things and kept my interest alive.
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

manuel

Welcome!
I hope you stay, it's always nice to have new members.  :)

Drakon

Welcome indeed.  I got banned from nintendoage because I thought it was stupid that people only collected to resell and not to appreciate the hardware / software.  I tried posting on digitpress at one point and that went nowhere.

Quote from: sconley666 on May 07, 2012, 02:55:19 pm
My Name is Sean.  My parents used to own a authorized Nintendo rental and repair shop here in the US.  I got into collecting NES when it came out here in the us while my parents had the store.  I got heavy into collecting NES after I got sick and quit touring. [I was in a national touring Rock/Metal band for 7 years]  Collecting was a really great way to keep my mind off of having my chemo treatments.  I hit the last about 160games I needed and started to get into the idea of Famicom collecting.  Mainly games worth having that have little to no japanese and non-us released games, as well as Pirates.  I was/am a member of Nintendoage but things there were less about collecting to play and more about collecting to sell at inflated prices.  I still would use NA and have nothing bad to say, I don't want to get banned there but the prices have gotten WAAAY out of range.  I don't mind dropping $X00s of dollars on 1 game but there at NA its all about CIB and Sealed.  I want to play the games and always had the "i collect to play" I don't need the cardboard.  So here I am and I have been treated WAAAAYYYY better just because the atmosphere is just different.  Also NA turned into sega and neo geo and playstation and everything but NES.  If it was NES it had to have a VGA grade of 85+ or no one wants to talk.  It just got too expensive and out of my league.  I love it here and the people have been nothing but kind and want to talk about Fami games and playing and collecting not bragging about bullshit.  It feels like its turning into DigitPress, where Superiority reigns supreme.

Thank you Famicom World, you opened my eyes to great things and kept my interest alive.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: sconley666 on May 07, 2012, 02:55:19 pm
My Name is Sean.  My parents used to own a authorized Nintendo rental and repair shop here in the US.  I got into collecting NES when it came out here in the us while my parents had the store.  I got heavy into collecting NES after I got sick and quit touring. [I was in a national touring Rock/Metal band for 7 years]  Collecting was a really great way to keep my mind off of having my chemo treatments.  I hit the last about 160games I needed and started to get into the idea of Famicom collecting.  Mainly games worth having that have little to no japanese and non-us released games, as well as Pirates.  I was/am a member of Nintendoage but things there were less about collecting to play and more about collecting to sell at inflated prices.  I still would use NA and have nothing bad to say, I don't want to get banned there but the prices have gotten WAAAY out of range.  I don't mind dropping $X00s of dollars on 1 game but there at NA its all about CIB and Sealed.  I want to play the games and always had the "i collect to play" I don't need the cardboard.  So here I am and I have been treated WAAAAYYYY better just because the atmosphere is just different.  Also NA turned into sega and neo geo and playstation and everything but NES.  If it was NES it had to have a VGA grade of 85+ or no one wants to talk.  It just got too expensive and out of my league.  I love it here and the people have been nothing but kind and want to talk about Fami games and playing and collecting not bragging about bullshit.  It feels like its turning into DigitPress, where Superiority reigns supreme.

Welcome! What band were you in?

sconley666

I was in a band that was more of an opening act.  It was called Our Fate in Hell.  We were just starting out, but starting to play with some REAL bands.  I don't know what kind of music you listen to but I have played with : Drowning Pool, Walls of Jericho, The Devil wears prada, a star called wormwood, DevilDriver, Sevendust, The Black Dahlia Murder, Deicide, A day to remember, Shadows Fall, Trivium, Asking Alexandria, Hatebreed, Kingdom of Sorrow, From First to Last/D.R.U.G.S. , Killswitch Engage, Mushroomhead, Rob Zombie's guitarist RIGGS newer band, Flaw, etc etc etc.  I have hung out with all those dudes plus the guys from Slayer, I hung out with Buckethead for an entire day, that was really cool, I even hung out with that AFROMAN dude, he was "laid back" if you know what I mean ;)  It was starting to really take off,  I had recorded two albums, one was released in limited printing and had about 40 songs recorded in the studio ready to go when I got sick.   There are some HORRIBLE OLD videos of us playing on YouTube but they embarass me to even mention. :crazy:

Post Merge: May 08, 2012, 08:46:11 am

And after all that I feel like I did what I said in the above post about "bragging about bullshit"

Let me clarify, I had a lot of fun, it ended short, I killed my liver, Drugs/Alcohol ruined my music career.  I love Nintendo!  :pow:
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

son_ov_hades

Sounds like I might have liked your band in high school. I'm a big metal fan, but I always hated nu "metal" and never liked much metalcore. You still didn't tell me the name of the band, I guess you don't want me to look into it eh?  :P

Jedi Master Baiter

Drakon

I've heard of killswitch engage.  Also you ruined your music career since you're the one who chose to take the drugs and alcohol!  Sad decision..

Anyway I found your stuff on youtube sounds pretty good to me.