April 19, 2024, 08:29:55 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Quote from: fami-ave on May 20, 2012, 11:03:14 pm
Oh, and while I'm at it - is there any place where people post their collections (with pictures)? I'd love to see some other Famicom dojos. Few people in the West seem to collect for this console :)

The main thread for that is Show Your Stash!, but some people post their collections in other threads.

GamePepper

May 21, 2012, 07:55:02 am #976 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:11:32 am by GamePepper
Hello Famicom World and its avid retro gamers, I'm GamePepper. I haven't actually ever owned a NES and don't have one yet, and that was because I was born in late 90s, so I wasn't really born with SNES or any other retro consoles because I was busy crying and shitting myself to death.

But, few weeks ago, I started craving for new stuff to do and I decided to start collecting NES games. I sold my PS3 and I will probably buy my NES and a couple of games tomorrow or during this week.

Obviously I don't have a stash of games to show to you guys because I don't have any console games at the moment.
But maybe there will be a nice stash of games, and maybe I'll show it to you later.

Drakon

Welcome fami-ave this certainly sounds like the right place for you and your collecting hobby.  Also welcome gamepepper.

FamicomFreak

Welcome new members!!! ^_^ WAAAAA!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Parodius Duh

Quote from: GamePepper on May 21, 2012, 07:55:02 am
Hello Famicom World and its avid retro gamers, I'm GamePepper. I haven't actually ever owned a NES and don't have one yet, and that was because I was born in late 90s, so I wasn't really born with SNES or any other retro consoles because I was busy crying and shitting myself to death.

But, few weeks ago, I started craving for new stuff to do and I decided to start collecting NES games. I sold my PS3 and I will probably buy my NES and a couple of games tomorrow or during this week.

Obviously I don't have a stash of games to show to you guys because I don't have any console games at the moment.
But maybe there will be a nice stash of games, and maybe I'll show it to you later.

Welcome, always great to see the youngin's getting into some REAL gaming instead of Halo and Modern Crapfest 5.

Drakon

I'm honestly surprised how many young people are playing classic games.  Makes me happy that a new generation can enjoy these great games.  Even emulated versions on newer consoles aren't such a terrible thing.

GohanX

Hey guys, just signed up today! I've played NES stuff since it was new, and currently rock a AV modded NES 2. Some of my buds were looking to get into collecting Famicom, and it seems interesting so here I am. I'm still not sure if I want to dive into the Japanese end of the pool, but I'm keeping my eye out on a good Famicom system. I already have an old Yobo FC clone system, so technically I have the ability to play them now, but it doesn't really feel like real hardware.

I'm also a bit of a tinkerer/modder, so I'll be eating up the tech threads.

Drakon

Quote from: GohanX on June 01, 2012, 07:29:14 pm
Hey guys, just signed up today! I've played NES stuff since it was new, and currently rock a AV modded NES 2. Some of my buds were looking to get into collecting Famicom, and it seems interesting so here I am. I'm still not sure if I want to dive into the Japanese end of the pool, but I'm keeping my eye out on a good Famicom system. I already have an old Yobo FC clone system, so technically I have the ability to play them now, but it doesn't really feel like real hardware.

I'm also a bit of a tinkerer/modder, so I'll be eating up the tech threads.

Did you make that rockin' nes 2 composite mod yourself mr. tinekerer/modder?!

Oh...and welcome  :D

GohanX

Of course! I built the video circuit the right way, so no jailbars. I've seen some of the stuff you've done, and it's awesome!

Zackcat

Hello! I guess I should introduce myself since I am posting here.

I found the forums on accident actually! I was browsing for reasonable famicom products and came upon Miguel's threads lol. I am an avid fan of retro Nintendo products, growing up gaming was a big influence in my life. Nintendo being my no.1 In the last couple of years, I have began to slowly gather a collection of anything I can get my hands on.

I own 1 Famicom with A/V Modification.  Currently working on getting a Famicom Disk System and expanding my Super Fami collection.

thanks for having me and I hope we can help each other grow as Nintendo fans~

petik1

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Drakon

Quote from: GohanX on June 02, 2012, 06:59:50 am
Of course! I built the video circuit the right way, so no jailbars. I've seen some of the stuff you've done, and it's awesome!

Thanks!  The right way would be....have the video line go on top of the shielding....that's really all that's necessary to not get jailbars.

Zackcat

GohanX

June 02, 2012, 07:17:05 pm #989 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:47:43 pm by GohanX
Quote from: Drakon on June 02, 2012, 06:06:51 pm

Thanks!  The right way would be....have the video line go on top of the shielding....that's really all that's necessary to not get jailbars.

Wouldn't that yield a video signal that was too weak? I built an amp that duplicates the composite video circuit of the toaster NES, and the video quality is identical. I didn't try it unamped.