Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Welcome new masters! Awaaaaaa!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

trunk

Hello everyone,

I started playing on a famicom back in 1989 and have been gaming since. I recently got into a famicom disk system binge(2 player excitebike? yes please!). Picked up a sharp twin famicom, did belt replacement and spindle hub alignment. Picked up 11 games. 7 work great, I am seeking the help of ericj with the 4 others (2 corrupt, 2 wrong game).

Even though I game on many different systems there is just something special about Nintendo.

I landed on this site (and ericj) doing FDS research.

AlexRUS

June 15, 2013, 04:48:17 pm #1082 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:22:46 am by AlexRUS
Hey everyone. My name is Alex. I am also known on the internet as SomeRussianMarioDude. SatoshiMatrix has linked me to this website. I got interested in collecting some games for NES/Famicom, SNES, Gameboy last summer.
I have lots of bootleg Famicom carts from my childhood that could be found in my country in 90s. I also have a few licensed Famicom cartridges as well. Also NES/Famicom is my most favourite retroconsole of all time, even though I have other consoles from these times as well, like SNES or Gameboy. :)
If you have something to ask me, feel free to do so. :D

Nightstar699

Welcome. I had a feeling that icon looked familiar, I've seen you post on YouTube before.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

AlexRUS

Quote from: Nightstar699 on June 15, 2013, 06:48:20 pm
Welcome. I had a feeling that icon looked familiar, I've seen you post on YouTube before.

Well, I use this icon with Mario on Russian Flag on, pretty much, almost every website/forum I am registered on, so you can easily find me on other websites :)

As for YouTube, that's right, I actually have a YouTube channel. Here it is.

I make some videos of pirated Famicom stuff, but there are some videos I would definitely want to re-do for better quality and make them more entertaining.

ImATrackMan

Hello, Famicom World.

I stumbled upon the Famicom about only about 5 years ago (I'm a bit young), although I had an NES all my life. I only really got seriously into it about three years ago when I got into producing music with FamiTracker. I bought myself a powerpak for my NES shortly afterward, and only then, did I begin seeing what I had been missing. Just recently I got myself a Famicom, performed what I hope to be the first "USB AV" mod on it and have started buying games for it. I joined this forum a few months back after spending years on other FC websites, and hope to be as helpful as I can during my time here.

security16

Welcome :) I am kinda excited to see how a USB/AV mod would work but i'm a slight techtard so the technical aspect is lost on me.  There is no such thing as too young really here even though some of us are older we're raising the next generation of famicom fans!

ImATrackMan

Only a few photos. It's actually not at all different from the normal AV mod, just instead of 2 AV jacks, you route the four wires (Video, V-ground, Audio, A-ground) to the four pins on the USB jack. no hole drilling is necessary, because it fits perfectly into the hole of my unused second controller.

goombakid

Hi all!

I've just been lurking in the forums for at least the past 3 months gaining information on A/V modding a Famicom. Thanks to some of the members here, I have successfully done the mod.

After looking through the tech forums, I'm hoping to add some of my modding knowledge to the mix.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be part of the group.

Magicantian

Welcome everyone, I'm fairly new myself, just a few posts above you. That mod is pretty clever and space saving for the back side of the Famicom.

Good to see there's still enthusiasm to be seen from a younger set that didn't grow up with it. Just goes to show, it's fine piece of hardware.  ;D

smileyman8b

hello, im a bit late introducing myself but, I found this site awhile ago trying to repair my famicom that I had just got. I have been wanting one for a long time now and although I do collect all Nintendo systems nes, snes, n64, gamecube, virtual boy, some Gameboy stuff and an Ique player so far, I always loved the fact of how many more cool accessories and interesting games the famicom had to offer (IMO). I plan to stay pretty active on the forum and will be buying and doing some trades hopefully, ( cant wait for another kais mystery grab bag  ;D ) I will be pretty soon getting a disk system and one of my main goals for this site is to eventually get the disk system, 3d system and a lot of fun games for them, while im doing that I will try to help out and learn more about the famicom. :)
Deadpool- "YOU ATE THE LAST OF THE CHEESY PUFFS YOU SON OF A BI+cH!"  >:(

Magicantian

Welcome, the more the merrier.

FamicomFreak

Welcome new members!!!! It's an honor!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

aj52294

welp i guess its time for introductions I'm Aj I'm trying to collect everything produced by nintendo (its kind of a big goal :o , I know) and this definitely seemed like a good place to start up the japanese half of my collection

Magicantian

Quote from: aj52294 on July 28, 2013, 03:31:20 pm
welp i guess its time for introductions I'm Aj I'm trying to collect everything produced by nintendo (its kind of a big goal :o , I know) and this definitely seemed like a good place to start up the japanese half of my collection

Welcome Aj, Don't forget the Hanafuda cards =]