April 20, 2024, 03:14:15 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

3.50 for all of them! Good deal.

nintendodork

I just hope they all work.  Bignose is a great game, and Ultimate Stuntman looks pretty fun.  I haven't seen anything about the other two, I haven't looked, but I'm sure I'll be happy.  On the price tags, they say what date they were sold to the store...and Bignose was sold to Gamers 3-21-06 :o :o  I got a BUNCH of dirt off of the contacts when I was cleaning them.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

cosmic-ark

Nice finds nintendodork very nice for the price and they look like fun

Byron

May 24, 2009, 08:06:04 pm #363 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:11:43 pm by Byron
I got a pretty good deal myself the other day, a CIB Gauntlet for two bucks.

The same day, I found a sweet CAV Jurassic Park LaserDisc box set for eighty-nine cents, but that's neither here nor there.  ::)

ericj

Just got this in the mail via Ebay for about  $15 shipped. Camerica Quattro Arcade with F-16 Renegade, CJ's Elephant Antics, Go! Dizzy Go!, & Stunt Buggies. Haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping the games are better than the other Camerica NES carts I've played.

FamicomFreak

I think the Dizzy game is worth it and the best game of that cart. Well try it out and let us know.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

ericj

Tried out the Quattro Arcade cart and I think FF is right, the Dizzy game is by far the best. The elephant game comes in a close second place, though.

Just got this in the mail today, Bee 52. Another "Absolutely Brilliant" Codemasters game.  ::)
I'm surprised that the cart is silver. I thought they were all gold.

LocalToast

Quote from: Rob64 on May 23, 2009, 12:12:43 pm
I also found them selling a CDi with Link The Faces of Evil... I almost bought it but it was Eighty bucks. Maybe some day... ???

That's better than auctions I've come across on eBay... some are trying to sell the same package for hundreds.

I wonder if the price got pumped up after the swarm of YouTube Poops? :D

Rob64

I bet that has something to do with it
Now you're playing with Power

djdac

Found this for $4 at Goodwill

mgman

Quote from: Rob64 on May 23, 2009, 12:12:43 pm
I'm back from the trip to Digital Press... I wish it was in my town instead of 50 minutes away... oh well, here's my finds:

I traded: SMB 1 and 3, Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing, and Super Off Road

For:
1. a yobo ac adaptor for NES,SNES,and Genesis for 8 bucks. I don't want to play with electric tape anymore to get the wire to stay still.
2. a CIB with manual... NES ADVANTAGE for 15 bucks and the controller itself seems to be new because the protective cover over the black part was still on it. Works great.
3. a CIB SNES controller for 10 bucks... sweet box but not a long controller, oh well.
and 4. Top Gun for 2 bucks, sharpie marker on label and back... disappointing but not a big deal.

Didn't get everything but they didn't have everything I was looking for... BUT.

Apparently a loyal member of digital press makes hacks for them to sell which are amped up challenges of Megaman Ultra, Contra 7?, Zelda II, and SMB 3 2K3. They also advertised for Earthbound Zero but didn't have any, and they also had SMB2j for NES... interesting but I'm getting that on the FDS for my birthday anyway.

I also found them selling a CDi with Link The Faces of Evil... I almost bought it but it was Eighty bucks. Maybe some day... ???

A hack of Contra 7? What did it look like? Or was it just Contra 7?

nintendodork

These are my NES finds dating from last week to today.

The NES controller was obviously functional before I took this picture, I had to bust open the damn thing to get the pads out, because one screw was so rusty, the top was worn almost completely off.  The only way you can tell I opened it by force is if you look inside in the corner, but other than that, it's nice to look at, I guess :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rob64

Wow, haven't been here in a while. Nice find djdac, you basically got that for nothing.

Now for my recent "finds". I put myself down on a wishlist for Play N Trade for a lot of NES and some SNES related stuff. I got a call yesterday that Paperboy came in so I told them I would come tomorrow (today) to get it.

I get there and more stuff on my wish list came: Double Dragon (only a corner of the label is ugly), and the powerpad. Paperboy was 3 dollars, DD was 5, and the powerpad was 6... wow. I brought stuff to trade in so I could pay for that stuff.

While she was ringing those up, I looked behind her and I saw the NES ACTION SET box. I pinched myself, and confirmed I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough, it was an NES ACTION SET COMPLETE with everything as advertised, listed for 35 dollars. I already had the actual stuff so I somehow managed to talk them into giving me just the box plus styrofoam and inserts... 15 bucks.

So lets recap, for 10 bucks, I got:

The power pad, just the pad in good looking condition and it works
Paperboy
DD
and the NES ACTION SET box with styrofoam and the following inserts:
The warranty info
NES manual
Zapper manual
SMB/Duck Hunt manual
a Nintendo Power ad that includes a Legend of Zelda secret
and a "Now You're Playing With Power" poster.... to match my signature  :D
Now you're playing with Power

namzep

Traded for a few games with a guy on another forum:

I debated whether to put this in the NES or the other finds but figured 2 out of 3 games decided it.

FamicomFreak

Those are some nice trades. What did you traded for them?
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com