Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Medisinyl

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on March 27, 2010, 03:09:53 pm
Quote from: Medisinyl on March 27, 2010, 02:45:30 pm
Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on March 19, 2010, 06:14:50 pm
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on March 18, 2010, 06:50:28 pm
Shadowgate and Adventures of Bayou Billy for $2. That game's first stage uses the controller I hear!

Shadowgate is a must have, I love that game. You cant go wrong with games by Kemco.
But, Bayou Billy is awful atleast in my opinion.

Shadowgate is a great game even if you have to resort to a walkthrough a time or two.  Otherwise, I finally found a copy of Uninvited a couple weeks back at a flea market for next to nothing. 

Wow, Uninvited!!!
My favorite game, which usually goes for $12-15.

I actually recall seeing it in a Toys'R'Us (or similar store) advertisement as a kid, but my mother wouldn't get it for me.  I'd wanted it ever since, but never bothered getting one on eBay for whatever reason.   I was quite excited when I finally found one at a flea market and for $4.99 (I also picked up another Fire'N'Ice that day that was listed at $9.99 [ended up getting it free with a buy 2 get one deal], then sold it on eBay for close to $30).

NintendoKing

Wow, Medisinyl. That is absolutely awesome! ;D

Cam3ron@FW

Yeah, everything is getting screwed up for april fools.
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

MS-DOS4

Found a wicked sweet VCR the other day! Check it out, guys!

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

nensondubois

Arkanoid
Castelvania II: Simon's Quest

satoshi_matrix

how is this an NES find?  ???

Medisinyl

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 17, 2010, 08:38:08 pm
how is this an NES find?  ???

I believe that was an April Fools joke when NES was changed to VCR for the day...

Otherwise, Bucky O'Hare was my last NES purchase...

FamicomRetroGamer

That was a VCR? ??? OMG, I thought it was a Blu-Ray player. (LOL, just joking)

No findings from me for today.

MS-DOS4

Yes yes, the thread title read Finds (VCR) during the april fools mayhem.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

tankexmortis

Got Ghosts 'N Goblins and Super C in the mail today from Goozex (North American game trading website). Sorry for the terrible image quality, my camera sucks and I'm a lousy photographer anyway.

Ghosts 'N Goblins is in absolutely horrible shape, which is fine with me as long as it plays, but the sender was nice enough to include some cute little toys to compensate for the crappy label.

Super C arrived with a slip cover, which is nice but not incredibly unusual, and a manual, which is the first time I've gotten a manual with an NES game on Goozex. You can request games as disc/cart only, with manual, or with manual and box on Goozex, but I almost always request them disc/cart only because you get them faster and I don't usually care that much about the rest of the stuff. So it was a nice little surprise.

Here's the rest of my modest NES collection, mostly from Goozex, mostly acquired in the last month. The games with the white labels on the bottom row came from a quirky local used game store called Vacs 'n Videos which sells video games and, for some reason, vacuums. I also got a couple games from a flea market.

nensondubois

Cart only excellent condition through trade:

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
Kid Icarus
Castelvania
Castelvania 3
Skate or Die 2
Adventures of Billy Bayou

FamicomFreak

Wow amazing finds guys. There are a lot of worthy titles on your finds, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Castlevania games! You guys can have an amazing game session!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Nightstar699

Wow tankexmortis, great collection!! You have a lot of the best titles.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

tankexmortis

Thanks! I'm hoping to be able to actually PLAY them soon. I was supposed to have an NES top loader coming from eBay but it never arrived, waiting to hear back from eBay about getting my money back for that.

Recently picked up Street Fighter 2010, Legacy of the Wizard, and Kabuki Quantum Fighter from Goozex. Also got Metal Storm (a personal favorite), Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, and a manual for Legacy of the Wizard from a flea market for cheap.

I'm aiming to get most of the best platformers and shooters for the NES since those are my favorite genres, especially the difficult ones (hence Silver Surfer even though it sucks. Can't believe I payed four dollars for that piece of crap). Don't have Kid Icarus yet though, congratulations on that nenson!

nintendodork

If you want platformers, get the Simpsons games.  I love those so much.  (Probably more because of the fact that I'm a huge Simpsons fan though.)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat