Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nensondubois

Quote from: ericj on April 15, 2011, 04:34:00 pm
Incorrect use of to and too.  :crazy:

http://www.educationbug.org/a/to-vs--too.html

Their and there

Want to go further with misusing the English language? I have five minutes to spare, so I'll make a quick list.

overusing words: got.  "America's got talent"

making up stupid words like "app" "legit" "sexting" "gotta" "gunna"... list goes on.

Abusing acronyms for everything... nevermind using them in real life situations.

American English in general... listen to Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" or anything by Tom Petty.

:D

ericj

UglyJoe

My biggest grammatical pet peeve is when people misuse "loose" in place of  "lose".  Drives me bonkers, for some reason.

Jedi Master Baiter

People who have five minutes to spare to rant about slang. :upsetroll:

petik1

GameStop employees. They're all fat douchebags. I was in a GameStop today, and one of the guys told a mom that cheat codes "damage your system." This is why I will support Play N Trades, Flea Markets, and electronics stores before them.

nensondubois

People who buy from Gamestop even if they don't live near a Play N Trade. ::)

NintendoKing

April 17, 2011, 05:37:53 pm #592 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:58:36 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
@nensondubois - I shop at GameStop often, the one in my town is great! Constantly they have power saver sales to get rid of unsold in plastic new games to make room for newwer releases.  The videogame store that sucks in my town is Game X Change...

The only good used shop here is Disc Replay, we have no Play N Trades in my area.

UglyJoe

DSL modems getting zapped in a lightning storm >:(

manuel

Experienced that twice. First time was a normal 56k modem, though. Very annoying.  >:(

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

FamicomFreak

slow drivers! I curse the hell out of them!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

modeltfordman

I cannot stand listening to people in public snap and crackle their gum. I do not want to see or hear your gum! I also hate those people that have their bluetooth head sets on in malls and supermarkets. They look like they're talking to themselves and when people keep their sun glasses on in stores when the sun is not out. I also cannot stand it when people are in crowded areas in malls and stores and have on back packs. I don't know what you have in there; it could be a weapon. ???

linkzpikachu

Having my friends live 521 miles away
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

manuel

My friends live over 7000 miles away.  :crazy:
Maybe this makes you feel better?  ;) Probably not...