Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fester

Excuse me if this game is a repost.

By the way I'm new here. Just found my Famicom a few days ago, it's been in the garage for more than a decade ;D

scaryice

Looks like a pirate of Paaman 1 or 2.

wholesalewatch648

i know this is a gameboy game but im hoping you could help me out here
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

UglyJoe

Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Souzoushu Arawaru!

That Guy from Faxanadu

January 12, 2013, 08:25:29 am #1279 Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:25:40 pm by That Guy from Faxanadu

I found this pirate in a second hand store. Does anybody know what Whirlwind Manu is?

Is it plain Super Mario Bros or a hack? Or even SMB2  ;D ?

EDIT: It IS SMB2  8)

Cheetahmen

I'd guess it's SMB2, mainly because Disk-Kun's on it. :diskkun:
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

That Guy from Faxanadu

Hm, that´s an interesting theory! It could indicate a Famicom Disc port anyway, and since it´s pretty cheap I´ll buy it next time I´m in town. A check on the LE10 code was a dead end, The data base I checked only numbered the games up to LE09. Exciting!

I´ve been reading up a bit, and apparently Whirlwind Manu is actually the company releasing the pirate. As I read on zetaboards "they released pirate versions of many Famicom games and I think they did a few FDS conversions. The 52-in-1 by Supervision has a pirated version of Flappy which credits "Whirlwind Menu" on the title screen, but I don't know if the two companies are connected or if Supervision simply took that version for the hell of it. "

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

That Guy from Faxanadu

That´s "Gegege no Kitarou 2: Youkai Gundan no Chousen". It´s kind of text heavy it seems, but at least there´s a translation patch called Spooky Kitaro 2: Kitaro vs. Yokai Army.

wholesalewatch648

UglyJoe

Sangokushi: Chuugen no Hasha

Inflated eBay price is about $5.

VinylDracula

January 19, 2013, 12:28:27 pm #1286 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:34:04 pm by VinylDracula
Quote from: That Guy from Faxanadu on January 12, 2013, 09:24:23 am
Hm, that´s an interesting theory! It could indicate a Famicom Disc port anyway, and since it´s pretty cheap I´ll buy it next time I´m in town. A check on the LE10 code was a dead end, The data base I checked only numbered the games up to LE09. Exciting!

I´ve been reading up a bit, and apparently Whirlwind Manu is actually the company releasing the pirate. As I read on zetaboards "they released pirate versions of many Famicom games and I think they did a few FDS conversions. The 52-in-1 by Supervision has a pirated version of Flappy which credits "Whirlwind Menu" on the title screen, but I don't know if the two companies are connected or if Supervision simply took that version for the hell of it. "

Whirlwind Manu along with Kaiser company are responsible for ANY and ALL unofficial FDS to cart ports. So if you see any carts that say whirlwind manu or kaiser, but the artwork has FDS disk kid or the actual fds game artwork, buy it immediately, RARE stuff!!!!! That IS SMB2J FDS port to cart, great find!

That Guy from Faxanadu

Quote from: VinylDracula on January 19, 2013, 12:28:27 pm
Whirlwind Manu along with Kaiser company are responsible for ANY and ALL unofficial FDS to cart ports. So if you see any carts that say whirlwind manu or kaiser, but the artwork has FDS disk kid or the actual fds game artwork, buy it immediately, RARE stuff!!!!! That IS SMB2J FDS port to cart, great find!

This shop mostly has modern games and a few NES carts so yeah, I was very lucky this time! It'll be a fine birthday gift for one of my brothers who has a famicom too  ;D

smeghead

February 01, 2013, 08:51:24 am #1288 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:09:32 pm by smeghead
What game is : On the cartridge there is ''Duck Jones''?

Post Merge: February 01, 2013, 01:09:32 pm

Nevermind, it's Duck Tales  ;D

aha2940

Hi!

I have this game since I was a child, probably bought in 1992 or 93. Now, I have never seen its rom, and there's not much information online about it. Is it worth anything?

It's (as you can see) a pirate multigame. It includes the following:
1. Hudson's Adventure Island II
2. Super C
3. Robocop 2
4. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
5. Silkworm
6. Double Dragon III
7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Thanks and best regards.