Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adori_12

De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

pirate

Tetouani85

I found this famicom game under the name "Chip & Dale 3"
I think it's hack, but i dont know what is the original
of it !!
Any idea ??

UglyJoe

Tetouani85

i found this game on a multi cart, SmallMario.
can someone show me the cartridge of this game ?

P

Tetouani85

Quote from: P on March 29, 2021, 03:48:22 pmLooks like Xiao Mali
thank you
I wonder if there is a version with english title screen, and if there is a cartridge of it.

P

March 30, 2021, 09:55:53 am #1553 Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:06:38 am by P
I kind of doubt that, but I really don't know much about this. There is the infamous Dianshi Mali which has a horribly translated title as "Big TV Mary Bar".

Xiao Mali ("Small Mario") seems to be the name of this genre of Taiwanese electronic roulette gambling machines, whether they features copyright-infringing Mario illustrations or not.

Tetouani85

Quote from: P on March 30, 2021, 09:55:53 amI kind of doubt that, but I really don't know much about this. There is the infamous Dianshi Mali which has a horribly translated title as "Big TV Mary Bar".

Xiao Mali ("Small Mario") seems to be the name of this genre of Taiwanese electronic roulette gambling machines, whether they features copyright-infringing Mario illustrations or not.
ok thank you

Badger

Hello,

These Famicom carts are just puzzling to me, they have black and white labels, no rear label, and white boxes with just the initials of the games on them... What makes them even more puzzling is their history.

I have an aunt who is a retired Nintendo of America employee. I am also a part of a e-commerce business, so she is looking to sell these. She had been in the company since opening in Washington State in 1980. She's worked her way up in the company, and has received review and test copies of games over the years. Unfortunately she cannot remember how she acquired these back in the 1980's...

So can anyone help me? Any clue what these are? Is anyone familiar with non standard or non public issue Famicom games. I would really appreciate any help with identification. You cannot see attachments on this board.

P

I'm not sure what there is to identify, the titles are on the labels: Excitebike, Balloon Fight and Cluclu Land. They seem to use their final labels but in black & white, and possibly manually adhered. The "initials" are just the game code, all licensed games have them. I guess these are test copies or something that your aunt received from Nintendo's HQ in Japan. If they are opened they might reveal EPROM chips (user-programmable ROM chips) or something instead of the normal mask-ROM (factory hard-coded ROM chips) as found on retail copies. Famicom cartridges are bit of a pain to open though, but can be done if you know some tricks. Be careful if they are brittle as the tabs can break in that case.

It's too bad that she doesn't remember their history. That would help when selling them too.

Pacman_Frog

Odds are they'll be absolutely standard inside.

They could be one of two things: Retail PCB's sent to NoA for testing to see if English-speaking audiences can handle the games in question unlocalized.

OR

Retail PCB's sent to NoA for the express purpose of testing the NES-JOINT-01 adaptor that these specific games would sometiems include.

Tetouani85

I wonder if someone knows about this multicart.

wilykat

I don't have a picture but I hope the description is enough.  I am pretty sure it's a Konami game because I saw it in the game even though it was edited out in the pirate multi-cart.  It is a overhead driving which has 2 different views. The zoomed up view shows minimal detail and several squares. If you move into one square, it "zooms" out to a large maze that I can move around. If I leave the edge, it "zooms" down back to minimal detail.  One of the maze had Konami hidden, the pirates clearly missed this one.