Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Kewl gotta love cib games!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Tupin

This came in the mail today. Fully working and including an official AC adapter.

Sorry for the shaky camera work.  :P

Now, to look for games.  ;D

FamicomFreak

Awesome congrats on your fds!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

son_ov_hades

I got this package from Manuel today and was worried about the broken box.

Everything was fine though.

L___E___T

Looks like customs had a crack at it?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Tupin

That seems like the most likely explanation, customs tends to open up packages that look weird or look suspicious during an X-ray.

All of my games I imported from Japan have Canadian stamp marks on them, so maybe companies send things to Canada and then to the USA in order to bypass them doing that.

nintendodork

Is this your first Famicom Geoff?  I can't remember if you already had one or not...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

son_ov_hades

Ah I didn't think about customs, that's very probable. And yes this is my first Famicom.

manuel

I don't know about the USA, but in Germany customs will put a sticker on the parcel stating that the packet was opened for investigation.
I guess the handling was just very rough, which is a shame.

But I'm glad you got it somewhat safely.  :D

Now gotta look for my post in the feedback thread and add a nice positive for Geoff. :)

nintendodork

That's awesome!  You should shoot for the boxes and such to make it CIB, Carl has all the papers and a box for sale for $30 I think if you want it :)
Oh, and how much did you get it for since it was working?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

It was 43$ including shipping and Duck Tales. The Famicom alone was 23$.

nintendodork

Awesome, well I'm glad he finally got a real, genuine Famicom.  They're indeed better than any Famiclone :D

manuel

Yeah, clones just don't cut it.
Some of them only look good.

nintendodork

Like the Penguin
And the NEX
Where would society be without those? ::) :P