Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Hi I just bought an AV famicom and would like to know if I need to make any modification to the AC adapter or am I good with the one it comes from? I know the hori ac adapter that came with my famicom works here in the US but was wondering if it's the same thing with the AV Famicom. Thanks in advance!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

133MHz

Yep, the same thing. The difference between 100 and 110-120VAC is negligible, so just go ahead, plug and play!
If you want to be extra cautious, unplug the AC adapter after playing (as you should do anyway!).

FamicomFreak

Oh yeah of course I unplug my ac cables every single time. har har....man I can't wait until it arrives!

FamicomFreak

Hey guys I need some help. I bought a famiclone with no cables. I got an ac adapter and av cables which helped the machine work except I get no screen. I only get the tv screen real shaky but no picture or sound. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Here are some photos of the inside.

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

FamicomFreak

Ruthenium

Hello,
I've recently got the old Famicom off of Ebay, and apparently, there wasn't an AC adapter in the box. The seller told me it was FedEx's fault, but I'm not sure. Anyways, the AC adapter I've been using for my NES outputs the following:
9VDC
1200mA
Center polarity Negative
Will it work for the famicom too?

133MHz

Ruthenium

September 29, 2009, 03:44:29 pm #967 Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:21:11 pm by Ruthenium
Awesome, now I don't have to keep going on an internet hunt.
But, now there seems to be another problem. I've connected the famicom directly to the TV from a little converter that changes the RF switch input to the actual RF cable. I've heard that the Famicom broadcasts on channel 95, but it's not appearing. Do I really need an RF switch? It didn't come with the famicom. I've made sure that the Switches on the back are on Game and Channel 1.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, there are two other cables coming out of the back of the famicom:

I'm not sure if they're suppose to be there, but The cables come from beneath the 2nd controller port. I've tried them on a standard RCA input, but I got no results.

133MHz

That seems to be an AV mod. If you don't get a picture, maybe your Famicom isn't powering up.

Ruthenium

Well, I've tried quite a bit to try and get it to work. If it isn't powering up, like you said, then it looks like I have a $44 piece of junk.  :'(

ericj

Check the fuse inside on the power supply board (the one the AC adapter plugs into).

Ruthenium

I think the hole is where the fuse should be, but I'm not very sure. If the fuse is busted, then will I be able to find a replacement?

ericj

Have a look here. You can see the fuse in the picture. I'd suggest just bypassing it by soldering in a small wire.

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=786.msg31310#msg31310

Ruthenium

Very strange, I don't see anything like that fuse on my power supply board.

133MHz

Could you take a picture of the other side of the RF modulator board?