March 29, 2024, 02:36:36 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

son_ov_hades

Wow! Great finds FamicomFreak.

japanfreak

Hey, I didn't purchase anything last time (except a wonderswan and a famicom) But... I got two philips in2it from my father...

I got this from a site about it:

In 1996, Philips of Netherlands designed a handheld & electronic organizer device mainly aimed to be "an educational but fun tool for girls". About a hundred of these were manufactured and given out internally at Philips for testing. Also known as Philips KidCom. About 5 of these were used in Finland in a study about what children think about using a device for something like messaging and other things.

Do you guys think its very rare? My father worked for philips holland so... We have 2... If it is rare... I have one that doesnt work. Can someone then help to fix it?:P THANKS! ;D

nintendodork

Nice Challenge Set SMB3 FamicomFreak!  Does the PowerGlove work?
Djdac, how does that Mario Power Tennis play?  I've been debating on whether I should get one of those GAMEPLAY CONTROL remakes.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Medisinyl

Quote from: son_ov_hades on March 15, 2009, 08:25:42 am
Wow! Great finds FamicomFreak.

Seriously...holy &^$*ing crap for what he got them for  :o  Only time I've ever gotten anything for under $2 that was worth a bit more than some of those games was my fantastic shape Mermaids of Atlantis (surprising because it was at a Play'n'Trade store and not a flea market).

FamicomFreak

Heh thanks guys but the power glove need the receiver to work with. I'll have to buy one sometime in the future or keep a look out for them in the flea market.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

djdac

Quote from: nintendodork on March 15, 2009, 12:07:48 pm

Djdac, how does that Mario Power Tennis play?  I've been debating on whether I should get one of those GAMEPLAY CONTROL remakes.

The controls are not as good as tennis in wii sports. But they are definately not bad. You can adjust the controls as well in the game. I'd say if you really love playing tennis on the wii you should get the game.

UglyJoe

Got a free Vectrex from a friend.  He tested it last week, but it's not working now :(

I'm afraid to try and fix it since I don't want the CRT to kill me.

ericj

It's easy to discharge a CRT. First, unplug the tv.  ;) Next, take an insulated flat head screwdriver and attach a lead from it to the metal housing on the tv (but no to any logic boards). Slide the screwdriver under the anode cap until it touches the anode aperture and, once it sparks, you've discharged it. It's always a good idea to keep an ongoing lead in place under the anode cap while you're working since CRTs have a tendency to re-charge themselves. There are youtube videos and text documents online showing/explaining  how to do this safely. Give it a try!  :)

Blue Protoman

Quote from: FamicomFreak on March 01, 2009, 08:07:09 pm
Went to the flea market today and got all this kewl stuff!

*pictures*

Hope you like the photos!

SHOPPING SPREE!!!1
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

son_ov_hades

Picked these up at Gamestop's buy two get one free deal last weekend.

FamicomFreak

Sweet finds. Due to the flea market and work I missed the sale but they come every three months or so. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Found a box in that pawn shop....
Didn't buy all of it, but I got all the good stuff ;)

I also got Fester's Quest CIB along with stuff above for $10 flat
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

son_ov_hades

Pitfall II is great but hard as fuck.

nintendodork

Definitely a step up from Pitfall ;D  Just a little practice and you'll get it

son_ov_hades

A thousand thanks, oh god of games he just bought  :P.