March 28, 2024, 11:35:51 pm

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2A03

Here's where I stand now; again no pirates here!

Air Fortress
Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun
Balloon Fight
Bomberman II
Chou Wakusei Senki Metafight
Clu Clu Land
Crisis Force
Devil World
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F1 Race
Galaga
Galaxian
Gradius
Gradius II
Guardic Gaiden
Hogan's Alley
Hoshi no Kirby
Ice Climber
Mach Rider
Mad City
Mappy
Mario Bros.
Mighty Final Fight
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
Nuts & Milk
Operation Wolf
Pac-Man
Parodius
Pinball
Rockman
Rockman 2
Rockman 3
Rockman 4
Rockman 5
Rockman 6
Rolling Thunder
Son Son
Star Gate
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario USA
Tatakai no Banka
Twin Bee
Wanpaku Duck Yume Bouken
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
Xevious
Yossy no Tamago

fami-ave

August 07, 2012, 01:18:08 pm #376 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:27:10 pm by fami-ave
I just boxed my collection AGAIN (the 2nd time in 1 year) and this time it'll stay boxed for the next 3 years. Might as well post some pictures of what it looked like before the archiving took place. I didn't bother to unbox my Disk games, so you may imagine around 20 disk games including my beloved Bubble Bobble and Relics boxsets.

Anyway, the 245 boxed cartridge game collection:

Most precious collectibles to me would be Popeye (silver box), Pyokotan no Daimeiro, raf world, Super Contra, Yanchamaru 1, 4x Namcot-rereleases, Popeye English, DKJ Math (both pulse line), a 100% mint Mario Bros (pulse line), Hitler no Fukkatsu, a 100% mint Layla (but missing the manual, d'oh) and my almost complete collection of mint Kunio-games  8)

Silver Box-titles, including one of my holy FC grails: Popeye
Devil World in regular & Pulse Line version
Golf normal & Golf FF-logo version

Pulse Line-collection

8 games short from a complete collection of "small box" games. Missing 3x Nintendo, 3x Namco, 2x Hudson

Takakashi Meijin biography (French), Hector 87, Hector 87 control pad, Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima, Star Soldier, NEW Famicom running Star Soldier, Hudson Joystick

All cartridge Mario Bros-games. I also have SMB1, SMB2 and Kaette-kita MB on Disk, just missing All Night Nippon SMB for the complete Mario FC set.

stealthlurker

That's absolutely gorgeous fami-ave! I love boxed carts.

I see you have the more "valuable" namcot hard case games like Pacman, Dig Dug, Galaxian and Galaga too. Do you have Mappy 1 in there too?

I really like how you complete out certain lines of carts. Thanks for sharing man!  :star:

fami-ave

Thanks man! Your collection looks absolutely stunning, too  ;D After you posted about your recent Yanchamaru purchase I tried the game but couldn't really find into it (SO HARD). Is it really worth playing or just a curiosity? I found the early IREM releases to be rather on the odd side. Kinda similar to Sunsoft, they went all the way from super basic and unfair to legendary and extremely good in a matter of 7 years.

Quote from: stealthlurker on August 07, 2012, 01:31:26 pmI see you have the more "valuable" namcot hard case games like Pacman, Dig Dug, Galaxian and Galaga too. Do you have Mappy 1 in there too?

No Mappy I'm afraid :( I also need to replace Dig Dug as it doesn't have the stickers and reg card, all others are in mint condition. Bought them this year in a bundle... this type of bundle that I've been waiting for for a long time.

stealthlurker

Well Yanchamaru / Kid Niki isn't the best game. I just used to play it a lot in the arcade and eventually on the NES when I was a kid. Therefore it's more of a nostalgia thing and now that I'm into famicom more, it just seemed like a cool thing to get. I used to be able to beat it when I was younger, but my patience (and probably skill/reflexes) aren't what they used to be haha!

Yeah Sunsoft is interesting. I remember their early NES titles as very simplistic and hard. Then later in the life of the NES/famicom the quality went way up. However at that time I wasn't into the NES/famicom anymore but had moved on to Megadrive and Super Famicom. Now re-visiting the later titles I missed out on back then, it's amazing to see some of their best works.

I've been seeing those more "valuable" namcot hardcase versions popping up more lately on Yahoo Japan. Hope you find the ones you need at a reasonable price.

fredJ

Thanks for sharing, both.

Like said, its really nice how you complete certain lines....
I think people often don't appreciate the aesthetics of collecting, they are often either hording or they have to go for the most obscure/expensive items....

My collection from two months back, nothing too fancy. I have a little more now.
Took hours to arrange them...

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

ulera

Tetris
Dr. Mario
Zoids
Bomberman
Hoshi No Kirby
Super Mario USA
Gradius
Gundam Hot Scramble
Super Mario Bros. 2

Modest, but I've been focusing on more hardware.

HokusaiXL

Older hard to see pic of my stash.  Gotta love plush boxes.
I don't know how to fox. D:

ulera

Nice!

I'd upload my setup but my TV broke so nothings hooked up. I've even loaned some of my consoles to friends since they'd be collectiong dust anyway.

stealthlurker

Quote from: fredJ on August 07, 2012, 02:42:19 pm
Thanks for sharing, both.

Like said, its really nice how you complete certain lines....
I think people often don't appreciate the aesthetics of collecting, they are often either hording or they have to go for the most obscure/expensive items....

My collection from two months back, nothing too fancy. I have a little more now.
Took hours to arrange them...

Is that all original GB stuff (not GBA, etc)? That's pretty damn impressive!  :o
Thanks for taking the time to set it up and snap some pics.

You also got them arranged by color somewhat, haha. I sometimes do that too.

I just got into old skool GB collecting not too long ago. Earlier this week I won a CIB JPN GB Ninja Spirit (is that enough acronyms? haha).

L___E___T

GB  Ninja Spirit is ace.  Has an easy mode too.   Post a pic please!  Wanna see the box art!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

stealthlurker: yes, all is Japanese Game Boy, except 1 GBA console, and a couple of GBC consoles. All games are original grey GB carts from Japan.

L__E__T: if you are asking me, I don't have that game... :(
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Flemishdog

I've filled up an audio cassette drawer of famicom games, I think I can show my collection now. (I'm already filling up a new cassette drawer)

I've even got some boxes even though I'm not really interested in them (they are nice when you get them cheap though)

PatMan33

Slowly but surely working my way toward the complete set!

It's all about the Color TV-Game. :P