March 28, 2024, 06:17:03 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmonster

Looks like the Yobo one, or the one that stone age gamer sells.  Those work with the AV famicom but you have to slightly pull up after inserting the cart because the pins on these converters are super short.  Doing so makes it work fine.  I guess this allows to not have to pull up on the cart anymore.

Pikkon

That's exactly what it does Cmonster.

Ghegs

May 25, 2013, 02:34:27 am #452 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:51:23 am by Ghegs
Alright, here we go:

Akumajo Dracula, Akumajo Densetsu, Crisis Force, Contra, Super Contra, Kid Dracula, Metafight, RAF World, Twinbee 3, Salamander, Gradius, Gradius II, Getsu Fuma Den, Goonies, Batman, Batman Dynamite, Bucky O'Hare, Ninja Ryukenden I-III, Kage, Abadox, Final Mission, Gimmick!

Image Fight, Spelunker, Burai Fighter, Jigoku Gokuraku Maru, Guevara, Hector '87, Joy Mecha Fight, JuJu Densetsu, NY Nyankies, Solbrain, Battletoads, 2010 Street Fighter, Magical Doropie, Super Mario Bros, Ninja Crusaders, Exciting Rally, Holy Diver, Gun-Dec, Metal Storm, Over Horizon, Summer Carnival '92: Recca, Moon Crystal, Seirei Densetsu Lickle, Captain Saver.

Family Circuit '91, Dragon Buster, Dragon Slayer IV, Star Wars, Dragon Spirit, Rolling Thunder, Quest of Ki, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, Rodland, Lord of King, Space Defending Force, Spelunker 2, Hoshi no Kirby, Castle Excellent, Dead Fox, Rockman 1-6, Duck Tales, Duck Tales 2.

Section Z, Gargoyle's Quest II, Dracula, Bionic Commando, Silver Surver, Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Low G Man, Battle Kid, Battle Kid 2, Nomolos: Storming the Catsle, Super Mario Bros 2jp repro, Blade Buster, Streemerz, Huang Di, and an adapter to play NES games on my RGB-modded AV Famicom.

Whew. And I got more coming in as I type...

Nightstar699

Wow, beautiful collection Ghegs. I'm so envious of the CIB NY Nyankies and Tokkyu Shirei Solbrain.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

I think Ghegs wins :)

I have most of these loose but wow, great playlist. 
Out of all of them my Favourite would probably be Captain Saver.  A real hard to find gem that.  Thank God for Everdrive.

Stealthlurker, please join in!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Have you shown your collection here, L___E___T? I looked through this thread once before, and I don't believe I saw it.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

I'm gonna show my loose playlist stash shortly.  Waiting on a couple carts to arrive.

I would love to show my collection here, but it's all boxed up.  Basically all Famicom hardware new and unused apart from a few harder to find things.  I would have finished it ages ago but I started buying games :D

A mint CIB Rockman 2 is a hundred bucks these days, most good games run well past 50 bucks like Mother and Makaimura Gaiden, so I've probably spent more on games now than other stuff.  Ironically, way back when I picked up a bunch of new and unused games for like 10 bucks (Kirby, Ninja Ryukenden 3, RAF World and some others).  You can't find most of those loose now for that.  Last new game I bought was Ninja Ryukenden 2 and that cost me 150, but I found an unused Super Mario Bros. for 10 a while back too.  Just got lucky.

So yes, I'll show my stash of played games soon, things I keep to hand.  Not as good as Ghegs though ;)

Spent quite a bit on building a Super Famicom CIB and Virtual Boy collection too - Hagane cost me 100 bucks, Super Famicom prices have skyrocketed now, I have been looking for a decently priced mint Rockman & Forte and Rockman 7 for a good while now. 

Luckily I have flashcarts for every Nintendo sprite-based system now.  I am interested in lots of systems but Famicom comes first, then the other Nintendo stuff.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Yeah the only Rockman game I have CIB is number six... I'd try to get the other 5 CIB too, but 1 + 2 both cost a fortune complete.

stealthlurker

May 25, 2013, 01:48:17 pm #458 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:57:20 pm by stealthlurker
Quote from: L___E___T on May 25, 2013, 06:34:40 am
Stealthlurker, please join in!

Ok, lol.

Old group shot... grew a bit since then. Still have a handful of "official" titles I still need, but in no rush to get them. Busy collecting for the NeoGeo again.  :)

Now I remember why I don't take detailed shots too often. Such a pain to lay them out and such. Also had to take them out of the protective boxes due to glare.

I tried to group games that were related, but gave up after a while haha.

Also I'm not going to bother with my loose cart games and disk system games. That's a whole other fuss with storage.

Last but not least... the "special" games  ;D

Not related to famicom, but I'm a big joystick nut/collector. Got over 30 boxed arcade sticks. However these are currently my favorites by far...

Nightstar699

Ah man, I want a CIB Wanpaku Kokkun No Gourmet World so badly. Nice Solbrain and Choujin Sentai Jetman too, those games rule!

stealthlurker

Thanks! You'll get  Gourmet soon enough. Fortunately it's not one of the super duper hard to find ones. Just a bit less common.

Nightstar699

Thanks for the encouragement, Stealthlurker. It'll take a lot of saving up before I can afford it in such nice condition. Someday I hope to get CIB copies of all the games I have loose. Great collection anyway, I can spot almost all of my favorites in there.

L___E___T

Stealthlurker - please make me your heir :)

I have a Viewlix too, plus one of those Chun Li specials that was give to me.  I tried to get a Viewlix SF4 cab imported into the office but it didn't fly :D

Big thanks for getting all of that out and showcasing, I think it made my weekend.  I didn't see a Captain Saver, so maybe that's one more you can look out for!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Ghegs

Heh, it was hassle enough to get my games out for display, can't image the bother with a collection that large.

That said, I do have Star Wars (the Lucasarts one), Jetman and Hebereke coming in next week. Gourmet is one I'll probably never get, unless I spot a really good deal - I just don't like the game enough to justify the cost. Same thing with Battle Formula.

stealthlurker

May 26, 2013, 09:09:30 am #464 Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:15:09 am by stealthlurker
Captain Saver is in there. I believe it's in the pic with the Batman games and Athena. In my experiences in the past, Saver isn't too hard to find. The ones that really gave me trouble to find CIB were Yanchamaru part 1, Sayuki World 1 and Banana Prince.

I'd love to get a Vewlix cab, but I'm out of room! To top it off I have 2 more japanese cabs that I can't even house at home. They are at a friend's house. Maybe when I get a bigger house I can start collecting arcades again.  :)

Yeah it was a bit of a pain Ghegs. However I've been meaning to do it for a while. I find having pics like these are helpful when I need to know if I already have a game or not. Simply going by a name in a text list isn't always helpful. Seeing the cover of the box is faster and more helpful for me at least.