Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Russam5354

April 28, 2014, 01:22:49 pm #1305 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:35:56 pm by Russam5354
MaxXimus: Almost tolerable? Two weeks? What posts aren't "tolerable" or are "annoying"? Please tell me. Also, I've been on here for about two-four months, so please give me an example of how I've only been "almost tolerable" for "two weeks", please. I thought I deleted most of the stupid posts I made a month or two ago. Give me a link to the thread as well, please.

Security16: If you were referring to me, I don't try to "intentionally cause drama on a forum with well established members of that forum". I don't troll. My brother also sometimes makes stupid posts on my account as a prank. He did that on April Fools, and I have changed my password since then. I'm not trying to cause "butthurt" either.  I'm just arguing because Jay-ray said that "every post by user Russam5354" annoys him. He didn't give me any examples, proof, etc. Nothing. I just hate it when people attack my posts and I for pretty much no reason. Also, I just have a few questions about some of the things MaxXimus said.

Thanks,
Russell.  

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

nurd

security16

Quote from: Russam5354 on April 28, 2014, 01:22:49 pm

Security16: If you were referring to me, I don't try to "intentionally cause drama on a forum with well established members of that forum". I don't troll. My brother also sometimes makes stupid posts on my account as a prank. He did that on April Fools, and I have changed my password since then. I'm not trying to cause "butthurt" either.  I'm just arguing because Jay-ray said that "every post by user Russam5354" annoys him. He didn't give me any examples, proof, etc. Nothing. I just hate it when people attack my posts and I for pretty much no reason. Also, I just have a few questions about some of the things MaxXimus said.

*pat pat*
If the shoe fits then wear it not everything is to do with you though. Basic computer security like logging out of your account and having a separate log in on the computer for yourself would prevent  siblings accessing your shit online .

smeghead

Coming to fair and not finding any famicom cartridges or any other gaming stuff!  >:(

fcgamer

The week before payday always sucks...so close you can almost "taste" the money, but so far away at the same time.  I really need to budget better, but at least I still managed to invest a bit of money these past few months despite having to pay for two people (my brother was staying with me, and due to his situation, I needed to pay for him too).
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

wholesalewatch648

car is beginning to leak oil ...   >:(
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

smeghead

How to say... dirt in my ears  :-[

nurd

paypal takes too long to do bank transfers  :fire:

security16

My ex husband has taught my son to say I hate you mummy  :'(

smeghead

When want to watch videos on YT and it so slow because downloading with §torrents  :blinky:

fcgamer

"Kids" these days annoy me...I mean adults, but the ones who are maybe 18 or 20 or whatever.

I went into a shop this afternoon, and I saw a few badly sunfaded Game Boy Color boxes in the display case.  It was quite hard to see what they had, but I did see an unlicensed game there.  It was one I already had (or it might have been a hack of one I already had) but I still thought I would pick up an extra copy if the price was moderately reasonable.  There were two guys at the shop, an older man and his son, and I asked the older man if I could see the game and what not.  He pointed at the younger "kid", said told him to take care of me, then he left.  I guess maybe the young guy was taking over the shop for his dad, like so many Taiwanese children do when they come of age.

Well I ask the guy for the price, and he looks at the box, finds the old price sticker on it, and tells me that was the price.  I mention to him that the game was about ten years old, and that there was a HUGE layer of dust on the thing...it probably hadn't been touched in years.  He just looked at me and said, "So?"  I said that it was quite rediculous to charge full price now, and he didn't say anything, just put it back to sit there for another ten years. 

Then I asked the kid if they had any Famicom games.  The display case was quite hard to examine, and there were some games in the back, so who knows if they had anything else of interest.  Well the guy didn't have a clue what the Famicom was!  I honestly couldn't believe it, and finally just gave up.

Sometimes I just don't understand the thoughts that go peoples' heads.  That guy had the opportunity to make a sale and clear out some "junk" that will probably never sell, otherwise, and he would rather just take it to his grave.  It just doesn't make sense to me, I guess he is just a poor salesperson, young, inexperienced, and moderately stupid.

nerdynebraskan

That is definitely annoying, Dave. I've had similar, if less dramatic, experiences with stores, too. There are some greedy boneheads out there that would rather wait forever for the right sucker to come along and pay full-price for whatever they've got. My local game store has rented out warehouse space above their storefront so they can better hoard all the stuff that they buy in. I just don't see the point in paying rent to hold onto hundreds of junk SNES sports games, just so you can sell five or six a year for $8 apiece on your Ebay store. (Not to mention the wages of all the workers who have to store all that junk.)
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

L___E___T

Some people just want a store, despite the fact that it will never make money and will more likely lose money.  Some people are not driven, are lazy or just set in their ways and don't understand core business principles.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nerdynebraskan

I don't know how often that would be the case, LET. That does accurately describe a record store here in town, though. The owner is apparently independently wealthy and doesn't actually need to make money from the business. The guy's just enough of a music junkie that I think he loves having a place where people will bring him rare records and give him a chance to talk their ear off about how much he knows about music. But shopkeepers like him are rare, in my experience.

The game store I mentioned in my last post is very much a business trying to maximize its profits. They're just so desperate to get that cash that their philosophy is basically one of making top dollar off every item that ever leaves their store. That can often be foolish, as they have piles of junky games and movies collecting dust. A lot of people I talk to don't even like to go in there; people tend to dislike and distrust businesses with reputations for high prices. The irony is I think it would be more profitable for them to just have bargain bins for the crap and just try to turn it over quickly. Faster turnover of merchandise, less labor for the staff, and more people coming into the store looking for a cheap impulse buy. But nah, that'd be stupid. Let's just put that Ken Griffey Baseball up for $6, because we'll make a killing off the sucker who desperately wants that game enough to pay that... who cares if we wait two years and pile up 50 more copies of it?
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

fcgamer

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 10, 2014, 09:04:49 am
The game store I mentioned in my last post is very much a business trying to maximize its profits. They're just so desperate to get that cash that their philosophy is basically one of making top dollar off every item that ever leaves their store. That can often be foolish, as they have piles of junky games and movies collecting dust. A lot of people I talk to don't even like to go in there; people tend to dislike and distrust businesses with reputations for high prices. The irony is I think it would be more profitable for them to just have bargain bins for the crap and just try to turn it over quickly. Faster turnover of merchandise, less labor for the staff, and more people coming into the store looking for a cheap impulse buy. But nah, that'd be stupid. Let's just put that Ken Griffey Baseball up for $6, because we'll make a killing off the sucker who desperately wants that game enough to pay that... who cares if we wait two years and pile up 50 more copies of it?

I totally agree with you.  For me, attitude also plays a factor.  I've definitely purchased items here and there for my collection, which were not steals by any means, but were still fair prices.  And the sellers were willing to knock a few bucks off the price, since the games were so old.  Sometimes it would only be a dollar or two, but hey, they're trying, and I know they had been losing money on the stuff as well, in some cases.  So this doesn't bother me, as I get a game I had been looking for (for a fair price), and get a small discount, and they are happy because they feel they weren't robbed.

But other sellers are just flat out greedy, like the one I had mentioned earlier.  Also, (at least in Taiwan), the women typically drive a harder bargin than the men...there were times, when the men wanted to offer a better price, but their wives stopped them  ;D