Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

I did n't even know we had different coloured cart emoticons :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

They are hidden!  And also I got lazy and only added those other two, even though I made a bunch of other colors:

There's also these larger ones, but they're not emoticons.  Maybe I'll finish the set someday...

Sorry for the derail :-[

L___E___T

Love them, let me know if you need help finishing them, can we make others, like Salamander?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

If you want to make your own, feel free to use them as a template.  Salamander would be difficult -- I was sticking to pulse lines because they're easy! ;D

Shumi Nagaremono

I'm not much into handhelds, but I got a pretty good deal on an original Game Boy and wanted to at least pick up the basics to compliment it.  I don't get why the Japanese Game Boy is based on the NES color scheme, rather than the Famicom.  I think the Game Boy would have looked *amazing* in Famicom colors. 

L___E___T

Nice GB collection - that's how it starts though, you get those few 'key' pieces and then some otehr mnor pieces and before you know it's growing and growing!  I also love the Gameboy - I have an original black JP GB but have been looking for a NIB original grey for a long time.

I wonder if they just went with the AV Famicom colours?  I know the A B buttons are dfferent but I wondeed if they were designed around the same time perhaps.  I really like the US NES and US SNES colour schemes - but I think the JP machines look much nicer.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I don't think so because AV Famicom wasn't released until 1993. I suppose they just wanted one design for the whole world and since there's no NTSC/PAL problematicism for portable consoles they could just produce one model for the whole world thus making things much easier and cheaper. Almost all later cartridge based Nintendo consoles have been using the same basic grey design, especially for cartridges.

fcgamer

Time to post some new pictures.  I did a lot of straightening up in the room, and removed all of the stuff from my bedroom and stashed it into what is now my "game room".  At some point I might try to rearrange things in there a bit more, but I am pleased with how things look at the moment.  Onto the pictures:

This is right by the door, where you first come in.  You can see where I keep all of my Game Boy and Game King games.  The boxes underneath are filled up with Famicom games, mostly older pirate multi carts, USA exclusives, etc.

Here you can see a closeup of the Game King stuff, as well as the GB items.  There are also so old Famicom carts, from back in the early days of clones.

Looking across the other way, you can see where I have even more Famicom goodies stored.  The two boxes under the desk house Famiclones, mostly various Micro Genius varieties, whereas the Game Boy collection is stashed in the desk itself.  On top you can see containers with pull out drawers, and this is where a large portion of the unlicensed Famicom games go.  They are organized by developer / publisher, and sometimes by origin (i.e. Russian, Korean, etc).  You can also see a boxed square button Famicom machine sitting below, thanks to Patrick!

There is a close up, I definitely need to take a weekend and reorganize some of the games in the containers, but it is maybe 90% organized.

Next to it there is another cabinet, but also some built in shelves where I have some odds and ends stored, some old magazines, etc.  You can see a Taiwanese GBC box, for example.

And a pic of the cabinet itself.  Inside are my Waixing Famicom games, as well as some boxed games and the loose carts that are currently in the queue for playing.  You can also see the Sachen and A'can collection there.

Finally some other cabinets that house some other boxed Famicom items, my (small) Sega Mega Drive collection, etc. 

A close up of the contents on top of the cabinets.

And the rest of the Famicom games are stashed away in another cabinet, which I took no pictures of.  Overall, I think the room turned out quite nice, and although there is some extra junk being stored in the room as well, this will probably be as close to a game room as I will ever have, a dream of mine since back in the late 1990s (1999ish). 

I hope you guys enjoy these pics, and if anyone comes over to the area, maybe we can meet up for some gaming.  :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Nightstar699

Figured I'd take a roundup pic of my SFC collection for the end of the year. I recently got Hagane as a late Christmas gift, and it already has to be in my top 5 for the system.

Happy 2015, my friends.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JessicaWolf

Finally got a few good pics of my whole retro collection a couple weeks ago. I left out a couple copiers, one N64 title and a bunch of 3DS and PS Vita titles.

A good chunk of this is thanks to Manuel and Kiwidaveinjapan  ;)

Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

stealthlurker

Quote from: Nightstar699 on December 30, 2014, 10:46:19 am
Figured I'd take a roundup pic of my SFC collection for the end of the year. I recently got Hagane as a late Christmas gift, and it already has to be in my top 5 for the system.

Happy 2015, my friends.

That's a mighty fine lookin SFC collection! You've had a great 2014  ;D

Here's to an even brighter 2015!

Nightstar699

Quote from: stealthlurker on December 30, 2014, 11:55:19 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on December 30, 2014, 10:46:19 am

Happy 2015, my friends.

That's a mighty fine lookin SFC collection! You've had a great 2014  ;D

Here's to an even brighter 2015!

Thank you very much, Stealthlurker! I would say it has easily been my best year yet. And may you hunt down your every last want in this upcoming year as well, my friend.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Protoman

Updated stash after visit to Japan and some shopping from japangamestock and others.

Not pictured: Dr Mario on Gameboy, Korokoro Kirby on GBC and Warioware Twisted on GBA(J).

Nightstar699

Quality titles all around. Do you have the box and manual for any of those games?

number47

Nice, just made the Salamander carts that L___E___T suggested.