Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghegs

The Incident (NES homebrew), Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Abarenbou Tengu, Majou Densetsu II: Daimashikyou Galious and Eggerland.

These ones might be the last FC games I'll ever get...

Nightstar699

Wow, Ghegs, congrats on completing the set at long last... coincidentally I got Abarenbou Tengu recently as well, and have been playing the crap out of it lately. Might be my favorite non-Konami shmup on the system.

Why the Fire Emblem games, if I may ask? They don't seem like the type of game I'd have expected you to get.

Lastly, when can we expect a full collection shot? :) I myself am wrapping up, just waiting on my last few packages...
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on December 31, 2015, 08:46:58 amWhy the Fire Emblem games, if I may ask? They don't seem like the type of game I'd have expected you to get.

I'm a firm believer in giving games outside your comfort zone a go every now and then.

I don't think I'll take a big collection shot with all 200+ games in a single picture, but I'll take something. Maybe this weekend if the mood strikes me.

Nightstar699

I hope this is the case, can't wait to see. What are you thoughts on Abarenbou Tengu, out of curiosity? You're much more of a shmup connoisseur than I but I've just fallen in love with this one lately.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

I ended up buying one more game, so the collection shots will wait have to wait until that arrives at least.

I'm actually not that impressed with Abarenbou Tengu. You have lots of inertia so accurate control is nearly impossible, something that's generally unacceptable in shmups. Sometimes you don't notice you've been hit thanks to the busy screen. The first time I played I kept getting killed almost right away and I couldn't figure out why, until I realized the "lightning" firing from the top of some buildings actually hurts you, despite the building itself being obviously in the background (and a long way into the background too, it looks like there's a whole suburb between the building and yourself). And the lightning hurts a lot too, I've seen them instantly take 7 out of the 8 hitpoints. Yet you can take two or three shots from enemies before you lose even a single hitpoint. So it feels quite unbalanced in that regard.

Overall the stage design isn't terribly inspired. In the first two stages the environmental hazards can just be destroyed so there's little of interest there. Stage 3 is the highlight of the game I'd say, especially the latter part in the factory. And the boss is pretty cool as well, it's like its own lil' ministage, not entirely unlike R-Type's Stage 3.

fcgamer

Some recent finds of mine, two of my favorites as of late:

The Famiclone definitely seems like it could use some restoration, though it is in working condition.

Game Genie for famicom
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

yukin

Just received my Rockman 4 Minus infinity cart

famiac

Quote from: fcgamer on January 06, 2016, 09:08:28 am

Game Genie for famicom

Nice! I've been trying to find one forever... Any advice?

ericj

Quote from: famiac on January 13, 2016, 04:35:14 am

Game Genie for famicom

MWK got me one years ago. Maybe he can find you one?

fcgamer

I could definitely see MWK being able to find these, as I suspect Polish distribution was higher than in other places, judging from how the rest of the Codemasters Famicom stuff was distributed.

I had managed to track one down in Argentina, and had a South American buddy help me obtain it. 

Quote from: ericj on January 13, 2016, 06:48:43 am
Quote from: famiac on January 13, 2016, 04:35:14 am

Game Genie for famicom

MWK got me one years ago. Maybe he can find you one?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MWK

Thanks Eric, Dave, appreciate, though I'm afraid you're overestimating my abilities :yoshi:
I haven't seen one of those Game Genies for a disturbingly long time around here in PL.
Will pay more attention to this matter from now on.

btw. Aaronix powah! :pow:

cieniu71

BonBon

I usually don't post about something until I have it in my hands but I'm too excited about this one

L___E___T

That's a great price too!  All legit??
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

BonBon

It's an official like a ref with whistle.