Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackN

Thank you for the reply!  That's what I started to think the more I looked in to it... oh well.. is there still a market for these?

Whiteboy

:help:

What are these games called? And if there's any English translation that would be great too haha

Ghegs

Left column:

Getsu Fūma Den
Ninja-kun
Adventure Island
Mugen Senshi Valis

Right column:

Ninja Jajamaru-kun
SD Gundam Gachapon Senshi 3: Eiyuu Senki
Super Chinese 2
Super Chinese 3

You can just Google the four or five-character code the cartridge has (GTS-VA for Valis), that usually finds them.

Whiteboy

smeghead

im looking for some winter sports famicom game, is there any game like Ski or Die for famicom or nintendo

Ghegs

There's Slalom. Heavy Shreddin' aka. Snowboard Challenge exists but is just a bad & horrible game in all ways. Neither got a Famicom release.

smeghead

krzy

You can also cut the label and paste it into Google Graphics, it will search succesfully

Retrospectives

March 29, 2018, 12:49:27 am #1523 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:54:38 am by Retrospectives
Just a warranty label. Pretty common that certain shops used these type of labels to be honest.

It says: 3 Month guaranty. Thanks for buying.
Don't store the game in a too hot/cold place, don't throw it, don't open it etc
Don't put water to it, avoid dirt etc etc.
If you have a claim, contact the shop where you bought it.

Famikon-shop-chain Takarajima  (Takarajima).

+ address.

Nothing special, just a warranty sticker  ;)

This chain was based in Niigata just for curiosity.

Retrospectives

Yeah compared the shops who didn't put custom warranty/warning labels then they are more rare of course. I have few in my collection (not from that chain though), but normally I think they put it as second hand goods or at least as lose cartridge because it does not exist (to my knowledge) they put these labels when the games were totally new in box.

VegaVegas

April 02, 2018, 03:30:14 am #1525 Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:35:17 am by MaarioS
I've had several pirated carts with the same label or similar style label, unfortunately I think there is no way to find out what's inside because I noticed games are completely random in these carts. If you want to guess a specific game completely based on texting on the cart then maybe it is Raid on Bungeling Bay

By the way, I noticed this cart was located in Poland at some point, based on the sticker "cena" which means "price"

Ghegs

HFC-CR (in the upper left corner of the label) is the product code for Championship Lode Runner, so it might be that...then again, it might not because pirate carts.

Retrospectives

Quote from: togemet2 on April 02, 2018, 03:45:51 am

Interesting, interesting. Yes, the auction was located in Poland. But it also had a lot of other real cartridges in the lot. Pretty neat looking label even for a pirate. Thanks for the info.

It can basically be anything. アタラシイテレビゲーム just means "New Video game" but if you search for the term you will find other pictures of pirates using the same label. The ones with the dip-switches are easily to identify as SMB2j or at least some modified FDS game. This stolen label created by Hudson (obviously) they just printed "Unbeatable Program" but in reality even the serial code of top left doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have maybe 3-4 of these and is just random Famicom titles (Early titles).

Finfami

What game is this? There is no info when searching with the game name so maybe the name is invented by bootleggers and picture is stolen somewhere? Image attached.

VegaVegas

I believe this is Fist of the North Star or Hokuto no Ken but I have no clue which part of the series it is