March 28, 2024, 09:11:30 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TWIN

February 01, 2020, 03:21:10 am #750 Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:32:14 am by TWIN

My website with my collection is safety in 100%  WWW.TWIN-CARTS.PL

TAKE A LOOK AT MY OLD SCHOOL GAMES COLLECTION!
www.twin-carts.pl

aaaacc

Here's most of the stuff I own

Stuff not picture NES and Genesis game genie, NES/SNES/N64/Genesis controllers, Genesis pro action replay, a copy of A Bugs Life for genesis

Preki

April 02, 2020, 04:59:36 pm #752 Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:06:44 pm by Preki
I should have done that on the other retrogaming forum I'm user of, but my pals there already know my stuff, so here I go :)

So this is my... oh my, what a mess. I mean, my stash :) So what's inside?

The gear:

-AV modded classic Famicom, 100% working despite its dilapidated looks, I would like to restore it visually some day.
-a bootleg light gun, probably from some Pegasus or Dendy and despite being bootlegs, these things are just as good as the genuine Zapper
-FDS RAM adapter with an FDSStick. So... FDS on a stick. I considered getting the actual thing but I think the disks and the drives themselves are rather problematic and thus expensive. One day some dude put this set on an online auction and I couldn't miss this cost-effective opportunity to enjoy some FDS games without worrying about belts and corrupted data.
-Arkanoid controller, my most recent addition to the collection, it arrived from Japan just before this coronavirus hysteria we're experiencing today. Unfortunately, it requires some maintenance because Vaus doesn't seem to stick to the right side of the playfield despite the knob turned all the way to the right. It's still better than playing with the gamepad tho.

The games:

-KrzysioKart aka KrissCart, my main flashcart. A budget alternative by krzysiobal to the ever-popular Everdrive N8, supports only the most popular mappers (and even then some games may not run properly) with no FDS support and stuff. I once considered switching it for the EDN8 but in the end I resorted to collect genuine carts instead :) mostly games that don't run on this flashcart.
-The Goonies
-Wai Wai World 1
-B-Wings, one of my favorite shmups from my childhood famiclone days. Just like The Goonies or TwinBee it's one of those games you could find on bootleg multicarts.
-Layla, not the best one on the system, but this is the game that sparked my interest in NES/Famicom again so I had to have it in my collection :) I also debuted on Hardcore Gaming 101 by reviewing this one back in 2017.
-The Wing of Madoola, my first eBay find, but I consider selling it after beating it once a while back and I don't feel like doing so for the second time. It's still better than Atlantis no Nazo.
-Gradius II, I honestly hesitated to buy this one via an online auction since I'm not a big fan of how punishing these games are, but I don't regret winning that auction at an equivalent of roughly 7 bucks. This game is definitely better than the first one on Famicom.
-Getsu Fuuma Den, because I don't like stiff jumping mechanics of Castlevania yet the horror-esque aesthetics are there.
-Contra, I could run the American version from a flashcart, but for a hardcore fan of this game (and Konami games), this is a must-have.
-TwinBee

As you can see, I don't collect CIBs because frankly I don't need instruction manuals (I can't read Japanese, unfortunately) and boxes that would easily deteriorate. Instead, I've got every cartridge (save for the flashcart) stored inside transparent cases, it's good enough for me.

I've also got a Super Famicom but the only cartridge I own is the SD2SNES because there's too many Japanese text-heavy games I couldn't play even if I could get my hands on genuine carts for dirt cheap or free. I won this one on yet another online auction for 88 PLN ($20), without the controllers, but getting those wasn't that much of a problem, I didn't even need to import them.

dingsbums

So here it goes:

NES first:

Famicom and Famicom Disk System next  :) :

And for these 2 Famicom games I only have the boxes  ;) :

UglyJoe

Wow, lots of big-ticket items there :o

HokusaiXL

Been a bit since I posted anything, but such is covid life.
I don't know how to fox. D:

UglyJoe

Nice N64 controller stack ;D

adori_12

Quote from: HokusaiXL on December 01, 2020, 08:34:50 amBeen a bit since I posted anything, but such is covid life.

Wish I had as many games as you, it's amazing! Those N64 controllers look really nice when aligned like that. My favorite is the gold colored one, I'll go out to look for one when things start to get better.
What's right next to that controller however is, ummm, interesting, to say the least.  :-X
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

HokusaiXL

I thought the Bowsette comic was amazing and couldn't help myself getting a print.
I don't know how to fox. D:

adori_12

Fair enough. I'm not judging you or anything.
It's just that I prefer regular Peach.  ;)
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

Protoman

For no particular reason, my current PS2 collection. Not pictured because of course I forget something, is Beverly Hills Cop.

FamicomFreak

I've been trying to organize my game room. More and more loot coming into the collection!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

P

Lot's of good stuff, old and new! :) I love ROB holding that Sega sign.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: P on September 08, 2021, 02:54:34 pmLot's of good stuff, old and new! :) I love ROB holding that Sega sign.

Love between all consoles <3
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

8-bitman

March 31, 2023, 07:45:07 pm #764 Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 08:11:48 pm by 8-bitman
Here are some of my famicom games I have collected. Might show some other stuff at some point and edit this post. :) 

"Say, fuzzy pickles." (Earthbound)