March 28, 2024, 01:24:00 pm

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

battra92

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 24, 2008, 02:36:05 pm
I have Rockman World 5 CIB. Those boxes are so damn small!

I've noticed that on Famicom games. They are pretty tiny but so are the carts.

By the way, how well do they fit in those Universal cases you are making? Are they held in or do they just set in there to rattle around?

Mo

Sick collection of games Joppers!!
Plant you, feed you, grow you like a flower, like NINTENDO now you're playing with power!!

satoshi_matrix

Famicom games for the most part fit fairly well. The cases weren't designed with them in mind rather instead the slghtly largerr N64 carts, so they do ever so slightly rattle around, but its nothing that would cause them to toss and tumble. It's still the best solution to how to protect the carts.

antwon

Very very nice Joppers!
How did you come across the complete castlevania?

antwon

January 25, 2008, 09:10:38 pm #109 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:53:59 pm by antwon
Some more of my games.

Mother 3 is my favorite rpg of all time.

and my older brother's  famiclone

FamicomFreak

I love your FF GBA games with boxes. I'm trying to get them all as well. I'm only missing FF 1 +2 and 6 and I'll have them all. Also, love your metroid games! Great stuff
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

antwon

January 25, 2008, 09:26:02 pm #111 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:52:07 pm by antwon
Thanks!  I think you can get FF 1+2 off of eBay for pretty cheap now.
Im so paranoid when it comes to my boxed japanese gba games, I have a lot of nephews and they love to get into my stuff.So I have to keep them all in a box on top of my closet.I really haven't played to much of Metroid Fusion, I got the same time I did mother 3 spent most of my free time playing the later.

battra92

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 25, 2008, 12:09:41 pm
Famicom games for the most part fit fairly well. The cases weren't designed with them in mind rather instead the slghtly largerr N64 carts, so they do ever so slightly rattle around, but its nothing that would cause them to toss and tumble. It's still the best solution to how to protect the carts.

Hmm, sounds good then. My copy of Donkey Kong Country is in a clamshell case as it's a former rental but dang it that thing slides around a lot in there. It's really too bad those NES clamshells didn't have accommodations for sleeves.

By the way, I'm definitely going to have to check out that cover project link you posted. I don't have too many NES covers (and just one Famicom box) but I have a few. I also have a handful of Sega Master System carts in their cases. Now THERE was a system that had good storage and most Famicom games seem to fit in them. Too bad I have never once run across SMS cases without games in them.

satoshi_matrix

Oh man. I love that Metroid Zero Mission cover. Do you have a scanner? I'd really like a nice scan of that :p would make a good poster!

Joppers

Quote from: antwon on January 25, 2008, 09:06:22 pm
Very very nice Joppers!
How did you come across the complete castlevania?

I got it from a UK importer who located a few titles for me.
It was stupidly expensive though, I think I paid about £60.

I picked up a few crazy titles recently, things like Cocoron, War Wolf, Predator, Sky Kid, and Over Horizon. Also managed to get hold of a copy of Metal Gear. I find JapanGameStock really good.

Now if only I could find a mint Space Harrier :)

antwon

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 26, 2008, 12:49:16 am
Oh man. I love that Metroid Zero Mission cover. Do you have a scanner? I'd really like a nice scan of that :p would make a good poster!

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner  :(
I agree it would make an awesome poster.

NintendoNerds

wow...those collections are quite amazing. I wish I had a Famicom

MaxXimus

They aren't that hard to come by, but if you wait, you'll find one for cheap!

i heart yuna

i bought mine off of the NintendoAge boards. $95 shipped for a round button Famicom. 15 pirates and 3 licensed carts. The console was pretty dirty (as the seller stated) but i spent 20 minutes on it with a q-tip and some windex and now it looks brand new.
Famicom Club! http://www.famicom.ca

MaxXimus

I should try that on mine. some parts look a bit dusty.