Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

if you re-wrote it it wouldnt fix the scratch on the disk tho would it, cuz thats kinda a problem and i think its causing the 23 error. every other game i have works great but that one just wont load. I never got it to work throughout my 2 days worth of testing my fds so im pretty damn sure its busted
ステキ

madman

Well it depends, a lot of my HK pirate FDS disks have wear and tear on the magnetic media itself. 

kite200

January 16, 2007, 04:32:43 pm #32 Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:15:23 pm by kite200
ah shit nevermind I havent fixed it. hmmm....
ステキ

Doc

I tried hooking mine in today, and the video is just fantastic, the audio is good, but there is an audible buzzing noise that I hear with the audio. Any solutions? I'm using the Famicom Adaptor and such.

Thanks.

Doc

UPDATE, it must be the AC Adaptor, because my pirated system works. Any solutions?

kite200

ステキ

Doc

I tried the pirated adaptor with the Famicom...it worked fine. It's the official Famicom adaptor it seems. :/

Can a Super Famicom, or an NES one work for it?

kite200

ステキ

Doc

Quote from: kite200 on February 06, 2007, 06:25:46 pm
super famicom is the same adaptor

I think my adaptor is bad...I hope I can get the Super Famicom to work...let alone FIND the Adaptor. :P

Thanks! :)

JC

Don't know what kind of connections you're using, but that happens with my NES. The NES is AV, of course, so if you're using AV be sure to plug in the A and the V but not the RF audio connection. That takes the annoying buzz away from the NES.

super56k

Quote from: FamicomJL on February 06, 2007, 04:14:20 pm
I tried hooking mine in today, and the video is just fantastic, the audio is good, but there is an audible buzzing noise that I hear with the audio. Any solutions? I'm using the Famicom Adaptor and such.

Thanks.

LOL Mine does this when the controller II microphone volume is not turned completely off.  It seems as though the Famicom that I have now is more picky about this than the old one that I had.
I am currently working on a homepage...  details to follow.

croquet

Hello and good evening :

First of all congrats for this great site/forum and the people who make it possible, is great to see that there's still people around the old consoles world, keep up the great job!  :)

I would like to ask you about a problem that I have with a Famicom HVC-002 Last time I used it (some 2 years ago) it worked perfectly but yesterday, after connecting it again, I saw that the output image was black&white with lots of noise/vertical stripes and no sound.
I first thought it would be an incompatibility with the tv (a LCD one) because with the old CRT one the image/sound were perfect.

The back of the console is like this one but mine doesn't have the CH1-CH2 switch:

[/LIST]

The connection is RF from the output of the console to the antenna input of the TV via auto-swithc box. Have also tried to by-pass the switch box as suggested here with no good result.

I read that other possibilities would be:

• Using a RF Coax to 3 RCA and try but haven't found that type of cable (still looking ^^)
    • Connect the RF cable from the Famicom to a VCR and from there to the TV (a friend of mine is going to lend me his VCR)

Please does anyone have any idea or suggestions of what can be happening?
    Thanks a lot in advance :lol:  and sorry if this kind of question has already been asked, haven't found any solution on the forum.

PS1. I'm from Spain so my tv is PAL not NTSC

JC

I don't have a solution to your problem, because I'm not a techical buff, but I'll say your best chance of getting it to work might be to work with an older TV/VCR setup. Technology is moving so fast and leaving the Famicom behind.

I hope someone here has a suggestion for you.

keiffer01

Yeah my Famicom powers up and all but when I try to insert MOTHER in it the game doesn't boot! I tried with other games and all I see is a black screen with a huming sound! I opened it up, cleaned the contacts, cleaned the board and looked closely at it and still couldn't find the problem! If any one of you might know a solution or what the problem is, please help me!

PS; For those who don't know, the Famicom is the japanese version of the NES, and MOTHER is none other than the never released Earthbound Zero, which is, the greatest game on EARTH!

kite200

Ok not to sound like a jerk but considering this is famicom world everyone knows what a famicom is and everyone knows what mother is. Secondly, did you tune it to the correct channel? what channel are you using to view the games?
    ステキ