Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PrinceDragon

All of them are from the same manufacturer, Hwang Shinmei.  They are taiwanese and they produced Magic Jewelry, that great Columns rip-off. So, that game you mention is no Hacker game.

JC

March 16, 2007, 03:29:11 pm #91 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:57:52 pm by JC
Can anyone tell me what the two Hacker games are, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2? Thanks.

[Removed]

jbholio

Quote from: PrinceDragon on March 16, 2007, 10:11:47 am
All of them are from the same manufacturer, Hwang Shinmei.  They are taiwanese and they produced Magic Jewelry, that great Columns rip-off. So, that game you mention is no Hacker game.

Exactly right!  Hwang Shinwei (aka RCM) made weird games that are found on some multicarts.  They can also be as single cart.  The multi you have probably starts with 8 "Tetris" games.  Tetris 3 (3D Block) and 8 (Magic Jewelry II) are 2 games made by Hwang Shinwei.  It's one of the best multicart.

JC

I'm still confused about the second one. The image of that girl is the same from Super Pig's Hot Strip.

Who stole what from who?

PrinceDragon

Quote from: JC on March 17, 2007, 04:32:13 pm
I'm still confused about the second one. The image of that girl is the same from Super Pig's Hot Strip.
Who stole what from who?

I'm sure they stoled from Super Pig, but is only a guess. By the way, that multicart exist as a "150 in 1", too. I wish I could have it, as it contains my favourite game: City Connection.

Jedi Master Baiter

Sooooo... pirates steal from pirates? ;D

PrinceDragon

March 18, 2007, 08:49:16 am #96 Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:37:40 am by PrinceDragon
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 17, 2007, 08:27:05 pm

Sure. Just take a look at the new multicarts. Instead of the original Battle City, they use a pirate version called "Tank" by some company called "YS". That's why the title screen reads "Tank A 1990" or "Tank K 1990" instead of "Battle City".

madman

Quote from: jbholio on March 17, 2007, 02:36:17 pm
Exactly right!  Hwang Shinwei (aka RCM) made weird games that are found on some multicarts.  They can also be as single cart.  The multi you have probably starts with 8 "Tetris" games.  Tetris 3 (3D Block) and 8 (Magic Jewelry II) are 2 games made by Hwang Shinwei.  It's one of the best multicart.

Yep, you're right.  It's got the 8 tetris games.

JC

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 17, 2007, 08:27:05 pm

Technically, I don't think Hwang Shinwei's and Super Pigs are piraters. More like unlicenseders, since their games were originals, even if the premise of the game was common.

madman

Here's more of the games I got years ago, I realized one has been identified on this page, any hint on the others?  Are these worth anything to anyone?  They all worked last time I tried them.

AFAIK, the blue one is the only pirate.

kite200

bottom left is Ninja Hattori-Kun
ステキ

DevIancE

Quote from: madman on March 19, 2007, 03:43:07 pm
Here's more of the games I got years ago, I realized one has been identified on this page, any hint on the others?  Are these worth anything to anyone?  They all worked last time I tried them.

I see a few of them have part numbers on them. Have you tried to run the part numbers on Google yet? I usually have no issues identifying cartridges with part numbers. I just type "Famicom" then the part number, and view cached. It usually always brings me to the cart list here. :P ...  the ones without part numbers are the ones that stump me.

featherplucknfilms

Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Dai Makyou
Moeru! Oniisan / Racer Mini Yonku: Japan Cup
Musashi no Ken: Tadaima Shugyou Chuu / Hiryuu no Ken III: 5 Nin no Ryuu Senshi
Ninja Hattori-Kun / Valis: The Fantastic Soldier

madman

Switchstance

Quote from: PrinceDragon on March 17, 2007, 08:02:38 pm
Quote from: JC on March 17, 2007, 04:32:13 pm
Who stole what from who?

I'm sure they stoled from Super Pig, but is only a guess. By the way, that multicart exist as a "150 in 1", too. I wish I could have it, as it contains my favourite game: City Connection.

I had that 150 in 1 with that game too. I really don't know it was a rip-off from other game.
Famicom lover