List of unlicensed originals, ports and hacks

Started by Jabra, October 18, 2007, 11:24:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Added Sachens. I have a question. Are these the same games?

Cosmocop -- Sachen, 1993, SA-023
Cosmos Cop -- NTDEC, CN-08

jbholio

Quote from: JC on July 17, 2008, 09:38:28 pm
Added Sachens. I have a question. Are these the same games?

Cosmocop -- Sachen, 1993, SA-023
Cosmos Cop -- NTDEC, CN-08

Nope, Cosmocop is a light gun game and Cosmos Cop is a Space Harrier clone.

JC

I'm missing the title screen hack names and original game names for the Pokemons, like Pokemon Blue, Red, Gray, etc. Anyone know those. I think there are four in the color series.

NintendoKing

Quote from: JC on August 10, 2008, 11:52:05 am
I'm missing the title screen hack names and original game names for the Pokemons, like Pokemon Blue, Red, Gray, etc. Anyone know those. I think there are four in the color series.

You are missing, Green. Which in my opinion is the very best Pokemon pirate ever.

Its probably the best pirate I currently own, I would take screen shots if you wanted.

JC

I'd like to know the title screen name -- if any -- and the original game name. I wasn't aware of Green, but I think I've tracked down info on the others. I've also seen multicart labels that say "Pokemon Crystal," but I haven't figured out what game that might be.

NintendoKing

September 19, 2008, 08:08:24 pm #20 Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:33:16 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
Quote from: JC on September 19, 2008, 12:12:41 pm
I'd like to know the title screen name -- if any -- and the original game name. I wasn't aware of Green, but I think I've tracked down info on the others. I've also seen multicart labels that say "Pokemon Crystal," but I haven't figured out what game that might be.

Pokemon Crystal is what I have; its a multi-cart. It contains Pokemon Green, Pocket Monster, Boxing and Bruce Lee 2.

Which is odd, because the cart is named Pokemon Crystal; yet it has no game called that... possibly a way to cash in on the Gameboy game of the same title?

The Title Screen simply says "Green" and it has a green Clefable pokemon; its a total hacking of the game "Hello Kitty".

They changed all the sprites to resemble pokemon, the editted the items into rare candies and food and also they changed the little icon into a green Clefable.

In Hello Kitty you play as a Frog, so thats why Clefable is Green. The Clefable Sprite looks ripped right from the Gameboy games and colored multi-tones of green.

I would definitely recommend this game,
as it appears they went all out on designing it, until you reach zone 2;
and notice a bunch of Hello Kitty Charactors, appearing out of nowhere.

Lol. But the game is still loads of fun. Clefable also has a neat editted power in the game, he shoots these odd things out of he body that kill enemy pokemon and on later zones enemy hello kitty charactors.

UglyJoe

NintendoKing

JC

Super DK has been on the list, but I need to update the list. I've found a few more originals and hacks.

JC

What the heck is that blue thing witht he red cape supposed to be in the Pokemon Crystal hack?

Vikingo70s

There is an original unlicensed Pokemon RPG for the nes by Mars... it plays much likely the gameboy color ones, but its all in chinese (yes, not japanese, CHINESE). The Cartridge is extremelly hard 2 find, but it's dumped an available at Romhustler.

When i was a kid saw a game named "Super Maria systers". In fact, it was a grafical hack of super mario bros 3, with title screen and main character sprites changed. Does someone know something about this one? is ti dumped yet?
Long live to the Pirates !!!

JC

Should we all be mourning the loss of http://www12.plala.or.jp/ftobira/1patimono%20.htm? Is it gone, down or moved? (This is the Japanese site that listed pics and screens of just about every unlicensed original and noteable hack made for the Famicom.)

mrdomino

some of my stuff: twitter // super multi // handheld underground

Walky

JC

Here's one I've never seen before -- it's Bubble Bath Babes, only this one's by C&E and it's called Magic Bubble. Of course, there's also Mermaids in Atlantis, which I don't remember there being a Famicom release, and there's Hacker's Soap Panic. All the same game, basically.

It's very exciting to find a new game -- or at least a game I've never seen before, which rarely happens these days.