Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Lol when I borrowed Megaman 2 from a friend for the first time I was like "What the heck is this!? Robocop's papa?", and I even thought the Ice Climber box art was inaccurate at first.

Last Famicom game: Zelda II, I'm about to enter temple no 6 Three Eye Rock Temple.

Nightstar699

March 17, 2013, 11:17:10 pm #2011 Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:22:34 pm by Nightstar699
Robocop's Papa 2 would make a fitting title for the PAL version of Rockman 2, as obviously Robocop's Papa 1 would be the U.S. version of Rockman 1.... no clue how they fucked that one up THAT bad.

Last Famicom game I played was, surprise surprise, Rockman 6. Just a few weeks ago I said the original Rockman was my favorite, but after playing them all back to back, I have to say that 3 and 6 seem like the best installments to me. 3 for the series innovation and the nostalgia (first NES Mega Man game I played), and 6 because it just seems to be a perfect game. No groundbreaking gameplay changes, but everything is done so beautifully in it. Coolest robot masters,  coolest stages, the 2nd best NES graphics I've seen besides Kirby's Adventure. Obviously the theme they were going for was robot masters from different parts of the world, and different time periods, and they did it quite well.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

I agree with you to 90%. Rockman 6 is really well made and it beats the crap out of Rockman 4 and 5. They managed to make most of the Robot Masters interesting again with their themes as you say. It makes sense since they are representing their respective parts of the world in the tournament. However the only problem I have with the game is the music. It's no match for the first three games in the series and overall I think those three are a bit more fun to play for some reason. I think Rockman 3 is the most perfect game with Rockman 1 and 2 very close behind.

Last Famicom game played: Haven't played anymore Zelda 2. Gonna finish the last two temples when I have time.

Nightstar699

Quote from: P on March 18, 2013, 03:43:01 am
I agree with you to 90%. Rockman 6 is really well made and it beats the crap out of Rockman 4 and 5. They managed to make most of the Robot Masters interesting again with their themes as you say. It makes sense since they are representing their respective parts of the world in the tournament. However the only problem I have with the game is the music. It's no match for the first three games in the series and overall I think those three are a bit more fun to play for some reason. I think Rockman 3 is the most perfect game with Rockman 1 and 2 very close behind.

Last Famicom game played: Haven't played anymore Zelda 2. Gonna finish the last two temples when I have time.

Ah, really? I liked a lot of the songs in Rockman 6, Knight Man's theme, Yamato Man's theme, Tomahawk Man's theme (and he happens to be my favorite robot master in the series), and the music for the final  battle with Wily was terrific final boss music. I can't there there was a single Rockman game I thought the soundtrack was lacking... although 1-6 are the only ones I've really played in depth, so I can't speak for the other ones. Right on about Rockman 3 being the best, that game made me so used to sliding that it was somewhat hard to adjust to being unable to slide when I went back and played the first two.

I beat a couple Famicom games, the first Castlevania, where I managed to beat both Death, and Dracula (both forms) without getting hit once. When I was younger the Grim Reaper used to give me hell, but now I realize what I did wrong. You have to hold onto that Holy Water, the stuff is liquid gold! It seems like they intentionally place a boomerang in one of the nearby candles just to screw you over. Both the infamous hallway of doom, and Grimmy himself are a piece of cake with this weapon.

And I played through Pokemon Red, the hack of Mitsume Ga Tooru. The music for the credits was so beautiful, nearly brought a tear to my eye. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAtvUJfuih4
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

Quote from: Nightstar699 on March 18, 2013, 04:15:59 am
Ah, really? I liked a lot of the songs in Rockman 6, Knight Man's theme, Yamato Man's theme, Tomahawk Man's theme (and he happens to be my favorite robot master in the series), and the music for the final  battle with Wily was terrific final boss music.

Yeah they are all good when I have gotten used to them (especially Knight Man's music took a while), but they didn't immediately stick like the songs in the first three games did (I fell for the fortress boss theme in Rockman 1 right away). For Rockman 4 and 5 I only liked Skull Man's music. Maybe I just haven't played them enough.

Right on about Rockman 3 being the best, that game made me so used to sliding that it was somewhat hard to adjust to being unable to slide when I went back and played the first two.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I think it's so perfectly balanced. The sliding adds to the game play and also the loyal Rush gives a good air to the game. Then the music and graphics being so great. To bad Rockman 4 couldn't continue to give me this feeling.

Last Famicom game: Zelda 2, I finished off Volvagia. Only the great temple left now.

manuel

Issun

Patlabor. Finally managed to beat level 3, the boss took all my bullets though.  :'(

Nightstar699

Quote from: P on March 18, 2013, 01:51:58 pm
Yeah that's one of the reasons I think it's so perfectly balanced. The sliding adds to the game play and also the loyal Rush gives a good air to the game. Then the music and graphics being so great. To bad Rockman 4 couldn't continue to give me this feeling.

Rockman 4's biggest change was, obviously, the fact that Rock can now charge up his Mega Buster. I've found that critical response to this feature was mixed, some people thought it made certain parts too easy, and many believed it reduced the emphasis on strategy and managing your special weapon energy (which is obviously one of the things that set Rockman apart from many platformers). It also created the format of going through two different castles (or fortresses, boss stages, whatever you wish to call them), as well as the fact that the transportation items were not given out, but rather hidden, which was kinda interesting. One thing I did find lazy though, is that the last boss in 4, 5, and 6, Dr. Wily's final form, all look identical. That was a bit lazy, but they do have to be fought somewhat differently, too. But Rockman 3 definitely has a certain charm that I don't think any other game could ever match, same with the original Rockman game.

Last Famicom game I played was the Pikachu hack of Nuts and Milk.

P

I don't mind the new technical features at all, and I love the chargeable rockbuster in later games. Especially in the X series. The problem is hard to put a finger on but I think the level design is lacking, most of the robot masters don't leave much of an impression and the music isn't very memorable save for Skull Man's music. The intro is very cool though.

Last Famicom game: Zelda II, I entered the great temple with 8 lives (from gathering the Link Dolls and one from levelling up) thinking I'm gonna explore the whole temple. But damn those bird warriors are strong! I was down to 2 lives left when I finally decided to go beat the game even though there was still one small part of the temple still left unexplored. I lost another life to the final guardian so I only had one life left on the final boss. I barely beated him too! If he had got one or two more hits on me it would be game over and I would have to redo the whole temple!

manuel

Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World

yakuza

THE FLINTSTONE THE SURPRISE AT DINOSAUR PEAK ( pirate cart )

love it   ;D

son_ov_hades

I finally beat Hoshi no Kirby. The game isn't hard, idk why it took me forever.

Mo-hd

Atlantis no Nazo

I play it from time to time.. difficult + enjoyable  8)

L___E___T

Ninja Ryukenden 3.  Seemed way easier than I expected.  Would people say the harder US version is better, or just cheaper?  Cheap as in unfair hard God Rugal cheap.  Not cost on eBay cheap :)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I don't like the third game very much, it's the worst of the three. No continues in the US version also makes it less fun. Only good thing about it, is that story is in English but the story is the worst of the three IMHO. Ninja Ryukenden 2 is my favo.