April 19, 2024, 07:07:53 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackknife

I'm Jackknife and I found my way here sometime in late spring when looking for info about Famicom AV mods. I stuck around because I liked it here so I might as well introduce myself. Hello. :)

I've been playing video games since I was a kid and still haven't grown out of it by 26. ;D I never specifically decided to start collecting video games, stuff just started piling up... Importing Japanese consoles just made sense because they got more exclusives, the games are generally cheaper and besides, it makes a good way to keep up on my Japanese skills. :P I play old games and new games and everything in between.

PK-Gamer

Hi all,

I'm PK-Gamer! I found out about this site because I'm looking for a couple of famicom games. I've been an avid game since I was little and I'm still am to this day.
I'm also trying to learn Japanese as well, I understand a little bit though.

I mostly like classic games but I play some of the current stuff as well. Pleased to meet you all. ;D

batlon13

I am newbie in this forum community.I want to be a permanent member in this community.because all the members in this community are very friendly and this community is very helpful for anybody.

fredJ

Nice to read all your introductions. Welcome!
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

keropi

Hiya peeps!

I am glad I found this community , it's awesome!  ;D
for many years I wanted a nes/famicom but for some strange reason I never got one... until a week ago when I received a package from 80sFREAK  ;)
I don't really understand how I was managing without a famicom but it's time to make up for the lost time!
I have every current gen machine and all notable 8/16/32/64bits ones (except jaguar/3do/cdi that did not catch my interest and are sold) and I am a HUGE fan of DOS pc games era... (you can see my small DOS collection on a cheesy background here: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/restqp/carton%20boxed%20old%20games/ )
nice to meet you all!  :star:

ps. is there a "new posts" button on the site? I don't see it  :upsetroll:

UglyJoe

Hey there!

There is no "new posts" type of link.  You can use this URL to see all unread topics, though:

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/?action=unread;all;start=0

keropi

awesome, thanks UglyJoe!  :pow:

nintendodork

October 08, 2012, 01:04:55 pm #1027 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:15:05 pm by nintendodork
Quote from: UglyJoe on October 08, 2012, 12:05:06 pm
There is no "new posts" type of link.
You sure about that? :D http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?action=recent

For future reference, that link can also be found in the "Forum Stats" section if you scroll down on the main forum page.

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Quote from: nintendodork on October 08, 2012, 01:04:55 pm
Quote from: UglyJoe on October 08, 2012, 12:05:06 pm
There is no "new posts" type of link.
You sure about that? :D http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?action=recent

The link that I gave was for unread threads.  The one you gave is for the newest posts (whether read or not).  Not the same thing.  But, yeah, that link down there is easy to miss ;D

Epic_Lotus

Welcome to the site keropi!  You've found the best video game community around   8)

Mo-hd

Hi everyone! Im Mo-hd, im from Saudi Arabia.

its been years since i have any famicom ... i remember all my childhood with lot of games like captain tsubasa 2, tmnt, adventure island, ninja gaiden, and other games In my memories, for me the famicom is the best console ever made ...

In the past weeks I bought one with some games :D.

Nice to meet you all ~

Algo Fonix

SteelGeneral

Hello everyone!

I'm SteelGeneral from Winchester, KY in the United States. I've been bargain hunting and amassing video games for at least 7 or 8 years now, but I just got into the Famicom collecting scene this year. I bought the original Famicom and around 10 games when I went to Tokyo for a week this past spring break with my college history class. It's quickly becoming my favorite niche system to collect games for.

I'll probably end up lurking here more than anything, but this community looks like the best place to get my hands on Famicom games outside of Japan. eBay just seems to suck all the fun out of collecting for me. I've already got about 7 games coming my way from senseiman, and I may try to get a Famicom Twin or a FDS from here sometime in the near future.

Algo Fonix

Howdy. It's kinda nice knowing there are people here from the same region, ahaha. (I'm from West Virginia)

RainLink

Welcome to Famicom World Steel General!  :D

Like Algo Fonix I'm a fellow Virginian too, though I'm from  east Virginia rather than West. I hope you find the forums as useful and fun as I do! Don't be afraid to ask any questions, the people on this forum are incredibly friendly and helpful.
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri