April 23, 2024, 05:08:40 pm

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Medisinyl

Nothing special here, but just picked these up from the local Play'n'Trade.  I had some DVDs that FYE didn't want and just traded them in and decided to get these that I didn't have yet.  Sesame Street and Jackal are in great shape, Pitfall is slightly discolored and scuffed (I replace these kinds when they come up for cheap), and F13 is in great shape for the most part, but it looks like someone put a cigarette out on the back of it.

ericj

March 14, 2009, 10:32:39 pm #286 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 10:38:04 pm by ericj
Quote from: Medisinyl on March 14, 2009, 08:49:19 pm
/\ That link doesn't take you to any information...  I'd suggest gamefaqs reviews for a general idea of a game, or youtube obviously for a visual.

It does take you to information. You have to add in the last open parentheses to the address because it doesn't include itself in the URL link.  ;)

Edit. Fixed link in earlier post

L___E___T

The art on Jackal looks ace!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Medisinyl

Quote from: ericj on March 14, 2009, 10:32:39 pm
Quote from: Medisinyl on March 14, 2009, 08:49:19 pm
/\ That link doesn't take you to any information...  I'd suggest gamefaqs reviews for a general idea of a game, or youtube obviously for a visual.

It does take you to information. You have to add in the last open parentheses to the address because it doesn't include itself in the URL link.  ;)

Edit. Fixed link in earlier post

/\  That is all I meant.

nintendodork

Got this along with Pitfall 2, Haunted House, DK Jr, CIB Pac-Man, and CIB Donkey Kong all for $10
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

That looks like an elderly tranny with a fetish for bug play - truly sickening sir, thanks for the nightmares in advance..
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Medisinyl

I loved that game as a kid.

nintendodork

Quote from: L___E___T on March 16, 2009, 06:01:40 pm
That looks like an elderly tranny with a fetish for bug play - truly sickening sir, thanks for the nightmares in advance..
You're welcome :P
I love this game.  I never got into the Addam's Family, but I liked playing this game with my brother when I was younger.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

Can't go wrong with Sunsoft right?  I must check it out :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

The music, as in all Sunsoft games, is absolutely amazing.  It's got beats from the show, as well as original ones for the game.  I always laughed at the opening scene when I was younger...and I still do...

son_ov_hades

Fester's Quest is a god awful game!

nurd

Quote from: son_ov_hades on March 16, 2009, 06:52:00 pm
Fester's Quest is a god awful game!

Agreed.

Quote from: L___E___T on March 16, 2009, 06:01:40 pm
That looks like an elderly tranny with a fetish for bug play

Also Agreed

Medisinyl

Quote from: L___E___T on March 16, 2009, 06:18:46 pm
Can't go wrong with Sunsoft right?  I must check it out :)

As others have just said, it isn't that great of a game, but as a kid, when I only had the few games I got from my parents or as birthday gifts, etc., each game got a lot more attention and had more value.  It certainly isn't a god awful game either and you should be able to find it at a flea market for really cheap.

nintendodork

The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to shoot stuff multiple times to kill it.

Medisinyl

/\  gives more of a reason for the variety of guns,whips,items, etc.