March 28, 2024, 06:55:53 pm

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

namakubi

Just got this wierd little NES gem, Krion Conquest:

This game is a blatant Mega Man clone from Vic Tokai, it's so blatant, it almost feels like a hack of Mega Man 3 in some spots. The main character, Franchesca, might as well be a sprite swap for poor Rock, very strange little game.

UglyJoe

Quote from: son_ov_hades on March 16, 2009, 06:52:00 pm
Fester's Quest is a god awful game!

Whaaat?  No way.  If you spend 10 minutes or so grinding in the beginning, you'll quickly upgrade to the best weapon in the game.  It becomes much more enjoyable at that point.

Quote from: namakubi on March 17, 2009, 04:08:36 am
This game is a blatant Mega Man clone from Vic Tokai, it's so blatant, it almost feels like a hack of Mega Man 3 in some spots. The main character, Franchesca, might as well be a sprite swap for poor Rock, very strange little game.

It's also heavily edited from the Famicom version.  The FC version has a much longer intro, stage intros, between-stage cutscenes, and a real ending.  It's an awesome, although difficult, game.  I think it's different from Mega Man in the sense that you start out with all the weapons and that the stages force you to use them.  It's sort of like being in the Wily Castle for the entire game.

Tupin

Quote from: nintendodork on March 16, 2009, 03:27:51 pm
Got this along with Pitfall 2, Haunted House, DK Jr, CIB Pac-Man, and CIB Donkey Kong all for $10

Complete Donkey Kong and DK. Jr?

I envy you, sir.

EDIT: Wait, I realized they were the 2600 versions. Never mind.

Medisinyl

Quote from: namakubi on March 17, 2009, 04:08:36 am
Just got this wierd little NES gem, Krion Conquest:

That is the most blatant ripoff outside of the ones that were allowed that I've seen.  I've never played that game before nor seen it until just now on Youtube.  Looks like a great game.  I've seen it in fleamarkets before--will have to get it next time. 

FamicomFreak

Awesome box art. Would have to check that game out!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Medisinyl

March 17, 2009, 04:43:15 pm #305 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:57:24 pm by Medisinyl
/\  Yeah, looks like a nurse from hell mixed with the good witch from The Wizard of Oz..  Guess that is the Tin Man next to her  :P.

EDIT:  And here are a couple games with the same story as before...FYE wasn't buying some of the DVDs I was trying to sell (that don't sell on eBay) and I traded them at P'n'T and picked up a couple cheap games I didn't have yet.  The DVD I got online and it just came in today.  Believe it or not, I have never seen The Wizard, but probably will tonight  ;D.

L___E___T

OH The Wizard is just too good, please watch it asap - I watched it recently and it really did take me back 20 years, I was amazed and it actually made my week, perhaps my month.

Though, why the smut did Konami renam Twinbee STINGER??!!  Jeez...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Medisinyl

/\  Yeah, I'm pretty excited to watch it.  Just seeing Freddy Krueger doing some retro gaming in the Nightmare Series (my favorite) gets me excited :P  When other kids were watching...well, I have no idea what they were watching, I grew up on Freddy and other horror movies, so even they are nostalgia for me. 

FamicomFreak

Awesome The Wizard is awesome! just awesome!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

namakubi

Prepare to be underwhelmed by the Wizard. Much less 80's Nintendo stuff in it than you might think. Though it is a trip hearing the fat bald pirate (Ragetti I think?) from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies pronounce Ninja "GAI-DEN" correctly.

Medisinyl

/\  Puts fingers in ears..."la la la la la"  :P

son_ov_hades

manuel

The Wizard is quite bad. But bad enough to be good again. ;) If you know what I mean.

In the end it's all down to personal taste.

Rcoehrs

Cali-fornia

Best commercial ever!..well it was just a big commercials for the nes library, Funny though that this eye candy of a movie had a Bridges, Christian Slater and Fred Savage!
But the question is...The Wizard..or WarGames?lol
"Sorry our pell chec is in another castle"

nintendodork

Got this at the PS today:

Is there any way to clean a cart's label?  This one is a little dirty, and I'd like to clean it if I could.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat