April 28, 2024, 01:40:25 pm

The King of Pop is dead

Started by nintendodork, June 25, 2009, 03:29:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Sucks because I really wanted to see the dude perform. Wasn't he having like 10 shows in England in July or did that happen this month?

EDIT:

nintendodork

June 25, 2009, 03:35:48 pm #2 Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:53:03 pm by nintendodork
I think it was in July.  The website says he had a show to be rescheduled for July 13th, so I guess I can't say for sure if it was supposed to be carried over.  Either way, it''s not happening now. :-\

And I totally thought of that scene as soon as I heard the news.  It just fit so well. :D

Oh, and I watched the AVGN's review of Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker on the Genesis, literally like, 10 minutes before he was pronounced dead. :o

Edit* From Wikipedia:
QuoteFrom July 13, 2009 to March 6, 2010, Jackson is was scheduled to perform 50 sell out concerts to over one million people, at London's O2 arena. According to Jackson's website, tickets sales for the concerts broke several records. During a prior press conference, Jackson made suggestions of possible retirement.  Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live stated that the first 10 dates alone would earn the singer approximately £50 million.

Edit 2* Farrah Fawcett also died today.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

So, no new album then after all.

It's a shame, I really like his music (from the 80s and early 90s).

JC

I bet unreleased tracks are yet to come.

UglyJoe

They die in sets of three, they say: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson.

edit: also, TMZ is a tabloid site, so I wouldn't trust their articles (although they were right in this case)

nintendodork

Yeah, I heard it, so I Googled it, and that was the first thing that came up, so I went with it.  I don't usually use TMZ for a news feed. ;)

ericj

His music is incredible and never really sounds dated and I remember it constantly being on the radio throughout my childhood. Too bad all the flamers are now posting about his past indiscretions and troubles. It's not like we all haven't heard it before. And, no, you're NOT being original, just a disrespectful little bitch by writing things like that.

I was really looking forward to a new album, but maybe we'll get some unreleased tracks.

The King (of Pop) is dead! Long live the King (of Pop)!

son_ov_hades

It's a shame, 50 is too young. Been listening to Thriller and playing Moonwalker in tribute.

Rob64

It's a shame he went so young. My dad is almost the same age as him... kinda scary.

I'm thinking about one day getting a genesis and moonwalker so I have other ways to remember him by. I already have the AVGN video and some of his best songs.

He'll be missed.
Now you're playing with Power

nintendodork

Moonwalker is a fun game.  My friend has a Genesis, and he's thinking about selling it, and all of the games, one of which is Moonwalker.

I think it's funny how you can make the animals dance. :P

Mindfreak

Thriller was my favorite....

Wasn't he the youngest of the Jacksons ?

He will be missed.

nintendodork

June 25, 2009, 06:06:12 pm #12 Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:11:25 pm by nintendodork
Nope, Janet is only 43.

EDIT* and in other news, Fox is fucking up their coverage big time.

Jedi Master Baiter

Moonwalker has been on my list of Genesis games to play.

I didn't expect it to be a posthumous thing though. :(

manuel

June 26, 2009, 02:26:20 am #14 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:53:05 am by manuel
Japanese CD stores sure are fast!  :o

Today I already saw a big black sign saying "let's mourn for Michael Jackson" and lots of his CDs on that shelf.