Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fredJ

Hi, Welcome!!  ;D

I'm gonna guess that the first one is called "Artelius" and the second one is a pirate cart with 110 games (or less).
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

digitized_boy

Hey All,
I need your help to find out the name of a famicom game, and possibly a few pictures, and some information about it.
I had a famicom 20 years ago that looked exactly like an original one, and had several thousand games internally on it. It accepted cartridges too. Obviously the games were not all different, and they all come down to less that twenty games if I remember correctly. The first game was Contra. The second give was named something like SANSAN, SONSON, or SUNSUN. I don't remember the name correctly. I looked for these names, and I found SONSON, the monkey boy game. But it's not that one. The game that I am talking about was about a boy who was fighting with a sword, and as you go forward in game, you would get better swords (bigger and finally curved one). Also, you could get and fire some bullets that were either scrolling on the ground or flying in the air toward the target. The game had 8 different levels (I am not sure though). The last level was in a castle or temple that you could go through wrong ways and get back to some previous locations. It was hard to find the way through different paths. At the end of each level there were some big dragons or monsters (most of them flying). You should kill them to go to the next level. I remember after killing the last level's monster, another one appeared, so there were two monsters for the last level. Also, some of the monsters born some creatures while you were fighting with them. Let me see what else I can remember. Oh, I kinda remember that I could shoot the bullets with down arrow.
Does anybody know the name of this game? Can you give me a link to a video of gameplay? I really appreciate any help. It's was my childhood favorite game, and unfortunately I can't remember the name.  :-[

Cheetahmen

That's Sayuuki World 2. ;) For whatever reason, pirates usually label it as a sequel to SonSon.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

digitized_boy

December 23, 2011, 03:31:21 am #1113 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:28:36 am by digitized_boy
Cheetahmen, I don't know how to thank you! You made my day dude. With your help, I found a video on you tube about it. It was Saiyuki World.
Thanks a lot for prompt and perfect reply. You are awesome.

Post Merge: December 23, 2011, 04:28:36 am

Cheetahmen, I think they renamed Saiyuuki as Sonson because they are both loosely based on the famous Chinese novel Journey to the West.

Parodius Duh

Parodius Duh

Tetouani85

January 02, 2012, 02:02:46 am #1117 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:10:54 am by player2010
Quote from: BasiliskFang on November 26, 2011, 03:28:44 pm

the violet one with number 07 (on the right) is "The Legend of Kage"
and in the middle of the bottom is "Adventure island"
and rockman 3 is the japanese version of Megaman 3.

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 02:10:54 am

Quote from: Waltergol on August 27, 2011, 10:39:30 am
Once again I request your help!!  ;D

Thanks in advance

This game is "M.U.S.C.L.E.".

Cheetahmen

Quote from: player2010 on January 02, 2012, 02:02:46 amand in the middle of the bottom is "Adventure island"

Actually, I'm pretty sure that one's Takahashi Meijin no Bugutte Honey or whatever it's called.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

stealthlurker

Quote from: Cheetahmen on January 02, 2012, 02:40:56 am
Quote from: player2010 on January 02, 2012, 02:02:46 amand in the middle of the bottom is "Adventure island"

Actually, I'm pretty sure that one's Takahashi Meijin no Bugutte Honey or whatever it's called.

That's right.

Also above M.U.S.C.L.E. is known as kinnikuman in japan. Used to love those little guys. Had the entire set 2-3 times over until they came out with the colored ones. Even had some giant sized MUSCLE men from japan back in the day.

That group pic above... nice a Zanac and CV2 pirate cart.  8)

DerZocker

Could someone help me out with these? I know that the one in the middle is a Mahjong title and the English ones are obvious, but I'm curious about what the other readable Japanese ones and the one on the right of Mahjong are.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: DerZocker on January 11, 2012, 07:09:08 am
Could someone help me out with these? I know that the one in the middle is a Mahjong title and the English ones are obvious, but I'm curious about what the other readable Japanese ones and the one on the right of Mahjong are.

you might want to take a bigger pic or close ups of the labels, can barely see them. Those are all pirate disks, by the way.  ;)

DerZocker

I don't have any larger pic at the moment, sorry. But they should arrive in a few days. I can take a better picture then. At least Falsion looks like an original to me. Don't care that they're pirates as long as they'll work. Still obscure enough for me ^^

pirate

fredJ

Sure the yellow NINTENDO disks are genuine.

But what are all those Diskette System labels from?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com