Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

keiffer01

Quote from: JC on May 21, 2007, 10:34:05 am
It seems most of us have that Controller 2 problem. It's likely just 'cause the controller is old. The only solution would probably be disabling the mic function or getting a brand new controller. As for the gray screen...I get that too sometimes. Treat it like a toaster and clean the pins or press reset a lot. :P
Yeah I tried that and nothing appears. Just gray...

kite200

I had that controller problem and then I just bought a new pair of controllers from kris and it was fixed.
ステキ

keiffer01

Could it be possible that the controller is the source of the problem of the gray screen?

kite200

ステキ

satoshi_matrix

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

I'm having a problem with my famicom.  It was playing the disk system and it was working fine, but when I switched to a cartridge game, I lost the sound, and when I put the disk system adapter back in to see if it was just a problem with the cartridge based games, I still got no sound.  I'm running the system using AV cables and I messed around with them a bit but nothing was happening.  What do you think this problem could be.  The picture is fine, but the sound disappeared

JC

Sounds to me like a weak connection on one of the ends of the cable. Maybe you accidently hit the mute button. ;)

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

Quote from: JC on June 09, 2007, 10:37:19 pm
Sounds to me like a weak connection on one of the ends of the cable. Maybe you accidently hit the mute button. ;)

nope, didnt hit the mute button because when I switch it back over to the regular TV setting, I can hear the audio.  The Famicom came with the AV cables, which I bought from an ebay seller from Thailand.  I've had it for a few days now and it was working fine up until now.

JC

A modded RF Famicom? If so, there may be something wrong with the mod itself.

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

Quote from: JC on June 09, 2007, 11:25:43 pm
A modded RF Famicom? If so, there may be something wrong with the mod itself.

Sorry if I sound like a retard but what exactly does that mean?

JC

Having the original RF Famicom made AV through modifications, instead of having the second Famicom release, which had AV (like the NES top-loader).

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

So you're saying its the machine itself rather than the cords?  I wasn't aware that the original famicom wasn't made with AV modifications

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

June 10, 2007, 01:58:51 pm #147 Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:40:35 pm by SuperMarioBrosSuperShow
Under further investigation, you are right, I found a picture of a new famicom and it doesn't have the 3 cord slots, just the one for the RF switch.  Is there anything I can do to fix the audio with the modded famicom?

EDIT:  After messing around with the cables some, I have found out that if I bend them and prop them up using an inanimate object to hold them into position, I can hear the sound.  My guess is that the AV cables the seller gave me were crap and that I should probably buy some new ones

kite200

that could be it. if its not, then your av mod on the famicom is not working properly. it might be fixable but its probably best to buy a new one instead of desoldering stuff
ステキ

Diego

I have a disk system, the belt is supossed to be ok, but when I try to use it power never goes on

I don't have any batteries to test it, but I plugged it with a generic adapter at 7.5, 9, 12... tried the two ways of polarity but it seems to be dead

I opened it and visually everything seems to be ok

what more can I check and how?

thank you

sorry for my english, I'm a famicom lover from Spain ^^