Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ericj

They'd all be 100V. The power strip itself would have no way of increasing voltage.

UglyJoe

Okay, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks.

b1aCkDeA7h

Yeah, it hasn't come in yet, just taking suggestions for when I help him power it up.

UglyJoe

It might just be dirty, as he suggests.

ericj

If it works fine until it's on for a while, it's probably a heat-related problem. You may want to check the boards for cold solder joints and re-flow any that seem suspect, and check the filter caps & voltage regulator to see if they need replaced.

b1aCkDeA7h

Quote from: ericj on April 15, 2010, 10:08:05 pm
If it works fine until it's on for a while, it's probably a heat-related problem. You may want to check the boards for cold solder joints and re-flow any that seem suspect, and check the filter caps & voltage regulator to see if they need replaced.

Yeah, we're going to have a good look when it comes in. Fortunately, I have the tools to open up the console safely. We'll probably do the zapper mod while we're in there too.

empo

I got my replacement belt today and after some tuning on the spindle it works!
My only problem is that I usually get err 27 a couple of times before Zelda/Metroid loads, is this something more fine tuning could fix?

empo

Thanks it's almost working flawlessly now

Xious

I have New-Old-Stock AC adapters fort he Famicom, Super Famicom and FDS that are for USA 110-120V power sources available...These won'; toverheat and don't need a step down transformer.

Ifi interested, PM me.

-Xious

-Xioud
Quote from: super56k on October 09, 2006, 06:56:58 pm
Welcome Nickv,
Your problem may very well arise from the broadcasting signal.  The Famicom broadcasts on channels 96 and 97 on a US TV set. for it's settings of "ch01" and "ch02" respectively.  Try those channels on your TV. 

An NES RF adapter works fine, but an NES AC adapter would fry a Famicom due to the fact that the NES AC adapter outputs AC and not DC, which is what the Famicom requires.  I use the "HVC-002"  official AC adapter on my Famicom, and it still runs a little hot.

This is a pic of my adapter:

It would be best to use this adapter in conjunction with a step down converter such as one of these:
http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/japanese-up-down-transformers.html
The "VT200J - Japanese Up/Down Transformer" that they sell for $24.99 , should work fine.
I am considering buying one myself.

I hope that this helps you out.

skere26

Hi Folks,

I have a FDS that i've been trying to get fixed for a while now.  Changed the belt, replaced the felt pressure pad, oiled everything that slides.  Now here's the kicker: Every disk I try will give a error 27, yet, if i put just the slightest pressure on the disk with a small screw driver, it will load everything I throw at it.  Any ideas? Haven't touched the head alignment yet. is it possible the felt pad i put on is adding too much pressure? it is a little thicker than the factory model.

Thanks!

ericj

Probably a stupid question, but have you cleaned the head?

Otherwise, it's probably because the felt pad isn't putting enough pressure on the disk, if I'm reading your post correctly. If you have to push down on the disk for it to read, then the head probably isn't contacting the disk surface well enough. Could be that the spring on the pressure arm isn't strong enough, too.

You may want to check that the head screw on the spindle is in the correct spot, since that will affect alignment of the disk surface to the read head.

SuperTimor

I have received an FDS along with a game called Exciting Soccer

I am using a opened NES Toaster for the FDS to fit in.

Everything is ok until the game start, the game flicker terribly and glitch alot. I have checked up an video about the game and in the game , the game was not glitching.

I thought it was my converter, but it work without any problem with my Famicom Cartridge

Do you think the problem might have to do with the Famicom Disk System itself or the Disk that is starting to demagnetise?

Thanks you
BOOM

SuperTimor

I have received an FDS along with a game called Exciting Soccer

I am using a opened NES Toaster for the FDS to fit in.

Everything is ok until the game start, the game flicker terribly and glitch alot. I have checked up an video about the game and in the game , the game was not glitching.

I thought it was my converter, but it work without any problem with my Famicom Cartridge

Do you think the problem might have to do with the Famicom Disk System itself or the Disk that is starting to demagnetise? (this is my only disk, I do not have any other)

Thanks you
BOOM

nintendodork

May 04, 2010, 05:21:42 am #1153 Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:19:53 pm by nintendodork
Well the disk system doesn't usually like the toaster.  When you've got the bulky RAM adapter attatched to a wobbly converter into a ZIF socket, you'll probably get some glitches. :D         I'm afraid the easiest way is to get something that loads games on top of the console instead of on the front.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

SuperTimor

Thanks for the info. Do you think that using a Famiclone (Like the YOBO FC Console or Yobo 2 in 1) will recude glitched effects?
BOOM