March 28, 2024, 07:04:47 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

turkishproverb

Awesome collection and an awesome plushie.  A friend of mine made a custom MR Saturn for me, so I know how cute they can be.

Also, congrats on the fiance!

stealthlurker

Quote from: senseiman on February 07, 2012, 05:47:52 pm
Yes, I think I will also wave the white flag and give stealthlurker the win for the most impressive collection on here.  Wow!

Just gotta say senseiman, really love your blog. Probably the only videogame related blog I read through regularly. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it. Please keep up the good work!

Parodius Duh

February 14, 2012, 08:10:12 pm #362 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:22:43 pm by Parodius Duh
Some of my Awesome cartridges, but far from all!  ;)

(sorry about the semi blurry photos, my hands are shaky from playing famicom all day!)

lobdale

Aw yeah, lotta good stuff in there. Holy Diver, Dead Fox, Solbrain, GUN-DEC!  New Ghostbusters 2... our collections have a lot in common :redcart:

Parodius Duh

Quote from: lobdale on February 14, 2012, 08:16:24 pm
Aw yeah, lotta good stuff in there. Holy Diver, Dead Fox, Solbrain, GUN-DEC!  New Ghostbusters 2... our collections have a lot in common :redcart:

Thanks dude!  ;D

fami-ave

May 21, 2012, 09:27:45 pm #365 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:41:46 pm by fami-ave
I thought one good way to enter the community here at FC World is to show you guys my collection. :)
I'm a fan of everything retro and Japanese. I actively started collecting games in November 2003 when I was only 14.5 years old. I bought just about everything for a few years, but since I'm not rich it's not very fulfilling to only have a little bit of everything - at least not for me - I decided to focus on what I love the most: Japanese versions of games! Consequently, I sold almost all my PAL/US games & hardware in 2008 and focused on Japanese games entirely.

Definitive collection goals:
- Complete JPN Sega Saturn software & demo collection. All games with spinecards, no sunbleach & all software variations count!
- Complete JPN Famicom software collection (excluding gold carts... except if I become superrich in the meantime)

Since this is a Famicom site, I'll only post very detailed pics of this part of my collection.

My Famicom collection is scattered all over the place and I do not have access to the majority of my games right now (they are at my parent's place), so I'll have to compile a few pictures for the full impression  :'(

Collection pictures from exactly 1 year ago:

FC Hardware

Twin Fami looks absolutely mint, I have never seen one in better condition. NO dust at all! And fixed belt!

I also bought a CIB squarebutton FC last fall:

Software in May 2011:

FC Carts

Acquisitions after May 2011:

And some really nice stuff that hasn't arrived yet (4 out of 5 plastic case re-releases by Namco, a very nice condition CIB Popeye no Eigo-Asobi, Red Arreemer 2, Solstice, Exciting Rally, Baltron, Punchout,...)

Me and my family moved to another country last year and my entire collection was boxed up. I didn't unbox most of the stuff yet, but here are some pictures of both my old AND my new temporary gameroom:

New gameroom setup here in Canada (almost no games unpacked, so I'll only show the actual setup):

I own 2 of those big Sony RGB badasses to be on the safe side. I also have another CIB (!) Commodore RGB monitor as a backup unit. The TV on the lefthand side is starting to die (strange color in the bottom right area), but well, it's RGB compatible...

Here's some pictures from my old gameroom. It's the only pictures I can post right now since everything is boxed up these days... however, I acquired quite a few games since then, so it's become even more:

Really love my JPN GB/GBC/GBA collection!

My video game magazine collection:

This is around 70% I'd say. Right now I own 647 magazines in total, 90% German magazines from the 1990's and many of them are complete (1st issue - final issue).

Current game count is around 1430, roughly 1300 of which are Japanese and CIB/with spinecard ^__^

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

punkpolitical

Quote from: fami-ave on May 21, 2012, 09:27:45 pm
I thought one good way to enter the community here at FC World is to show you guys my collection. :)
I'm a fan of everything retro and Japanese. I actively started collecting games in November 2003 when I was only 14.5 years old. I bought just about everything for a few years, but since I'm not rich it's not very fulfilling to only have a little bit of everything - at least not for me - I decided to focus on what I love the most: Japanese versions of games! Consequently, I sold almost all my PAL/US games & hardware in 2008 and focused on Japanese games entirely.
Current game count is around 1430, roughly 1300 of which are Japanese and CIB/with spinecard ^__^

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

Well I'm super jealous  :'(. So I hate you. Just joking. Great stuff man!!!!! I wish i could collect some of the stuff you have. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

L___E___T

Some of that stuff is amazing to see - Square Famicom looks mint!  Very nice, so much toys!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Frank_fjs

Stunning collection, I love it!

Pikkon

Thought I recognized those pics ave,as always very nice collection.

stealthlurker

May 26, 2012, 07:29:49 pm #370 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:39:51 pm by stealthlurker
Wee bit of an update...

CIB 8bit famicom collection... however that pic is already outdated with new CIBs. Also got a couple hundred loose carts.

CIB 16bit super famicom

NeoGeo AES updated

Drakon

Great....everyone's richer than I..  :'(

fami-ave

That's sick! Amazing collection.....  :'(

Are you going for complete sets or are those actually all games that you somehow consider worth playing/owning in some way or another? Either way, that's quite a sight!

Parodius Duh

if you dont mind me asking stealthlurker, and feel free not to reply but- what do you do for a living? You have these massive collections of rare games that no mere mortal would ever dream to acquire in their lifetime...and its not just Famicom, its EVERYTHING.  :o

stealthlurker

Quote from: fami-ave on May 27, 2012, 03:13:36 pm
That's sick! Amazing collection.....  :'(

Are you going for complete sets or are those actually all games that you somehow consider worth playing/owning in some way or another? Either way, that's quite a sight!

Thank you sir.

No I'm not going for complete sets. I make a lot of effort to only pick up games that I would want/consider playing. So no RPGs (few exceptions), text adventures, sims, mahjong, shogi, board, etc crap. It makes it a little difficult and a bit more expensive because that means I skip out on bulk/multi-item auctions. I suppose I could sell off the items I don't want but I never sell stuff because I don't like the hassle.

Quote from: Parodius Duh on May 27, 2012, 04:11:47 pm
if you dont mind me asking stealthlurker, and feel free not to reply but- what do you do for a living? You have these massive collections of rare games that no mere mortal would ever dream to acquire in their lifetime...and its not just Famicom, its EVERYTHING.  :o

I'm in hardware/software engineering.