March 28, 2024, 05:17:12 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob-Bob

You lucky dog. I still have trouble finding slightly more common games on eBay at a decent price. Maybe I'll just have to put up a Want to Buy thread on here.... *sigh*

Nightstar699

The last time I took a single group-shot of all my SFC stuff was last November, so I figured I'd post a little update.

Then:

And now:

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MaxXimus

Very nice collection! I need to get in to sfc again. I only have about 20 or so games.

Nightstar699

Thanks MaxX! I'd recommend it. SFC is easily one of my favorite systems to collect, especially for CIB games... their boxes are pretty big so you get some lovely artwork, and the manuals are usually packed with great drawings.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

I couldn't agree more with that. The gorgeous artwork is one reason I collect mostly CIB games.

L___E___T

I do love SFC boxes but SFC CIB collecting just got so expensive recently - all the main ones I was looking for I got, apart from the two three I actually really wanted.  Demon's Blazon, Rockman 7, Rockman & Forte, Akumajou Dracula and Akumajou Dracula XX are very pricey.  So I personally can't recommend it as a system to collect for.  Famicom and MegaDrive however...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Yeah which is why my collection is quite small. That goes for my Famicom collection too.

Ghegs

Quote from: L___E___T on June 10, 2014, 06:07:54 amSo I personally can't recommend it as a system to collect for.  Famicom and MegaDrive however...

Eh, every console has expensive games, especially if you're looking for CIB. I'm not familiar enough with Genesis/Mega Drive to know what those are for the system, but I'd imagine Castlevania: Bloodlines, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, and Contra: Hard Corps are up there. Oh, I do know Battlemania 2 is expensive.

L___E___T

That's true, but the Mega Everdrive is really good at fulfilling that and while Vampire Killer is around a $200 game, most are $20.  Dare I say Wily Wars isn't a good game that needs playing.

It just seems to me that the games worth getting a SFC for are getting pricier and pricier and pricier all the time.  Yes Gimmick costs a ton, but most FC titles are pretty grounded and not ramping up a great deal.  

I just feel like SFC is a rollercoaster lately, I actually stopped/paused collecting for it.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

@Nightstar Super Famicom game box cover art is just too irresistible. If I had the space, I'd love to display them on a shelf cover side out. That's a solid collection right there. My eyes though are immediately drawn towards Ninja Warriors Again haha.

The JPN MD game that's shot up quite a bit lately is Eliminate Down. Used to average about $200 but has been hovering around 400-500 quite regularly, sometimes spiking to $600. I'm glad I got the games I wanted earlier. Every now and then I'll scan through Yahoo Japan's MD section and everything's gone up.

dougal22

Not much but its a start

I'm waiting for Top Gun (Famicom) and a boxed Famicom Disk System to arrive.

zuma81

June 20, 2014, 11:06:53 am #566 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:55:12 am by zuma81

Shumi Nagaremono

I'm a sucker for the hardware.

P

Me too! :) Is that Robot collection complete?

L___E___T

Yes, a fellow hardware fanatic - we'll get a long fine :)

Best part is the Holster set, as I'm sure you'll appreciate they're not easy to come by.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。