Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Yeah it's a clone.  I always have trouble remembering the name of that game too. ;)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Famicom Billy

A few days ago I found this... thing. What it is??!! People says that Miyamoto Shigeru is written in the from of the cart.  :-\  Also , it's a Super Mario Bros 3 , because it's the same board that uses Mario 3 , also haves "UM" written , so , HVC-UM , wich means Mario 3 , thats all I know.

TPR

Is this a bootleg of Gomokunarabe?  I'm going to assume yes because I also have the version in the black shell, but just wanted to make sure this wasn't some weird version of it.  Seems like an odd game to bootleg and it doesn't look like any of the other famiclone carts I have which is why I'm curious.

P

The front label seems very similar to the original Gomokunarabe label at least. I guess the best way to tell is to play it.
I also have a Raid on Bungeling Bay cart that looks like it has the original label but it has a different colored cart case. When I played it, it was a totally different game. I planned to open it and see what kind of board was inside, but I forgot about it.

Quote from: Famicom Billy on February 10, 2017, 12:55:39 pm
A few days ago I found this... thing. What it is??!! People says that Miyamoto Shigeru is written in the from of the cart.  :-\  Also , it's a Super Mario Bros 3 , because it's the same board that uses Mario 3 , also haves "UM" written , so , HVC-UM , wich means Mario 3 , thats all I know.

遊んでくれてありがとう
Thanks for playing

宮本茂
Miyamoto Shigeru

プロパティ
Property

任天堂株式会社
Nintendo Co., Ltd.

マリオ3
Mario 3

Yeah looks like Super Mario Bros 3. Is there anything you notice that is different from normal SMB3?

Famicom Billy

I contacted with a calligraphist and... It's the calligraphy from a 3 year old kid , I removed one of the stickers from the ROMS , and it's a normal retail version , just they got  Translate Google , an orange shell and a Mario 3 , maybe it was at that place bacuse they  "scrapped the fake"

P

3 year old kid haha. Yeah well it certainly doesn't look like it's a signed copy from Miyamoto anyway.
I guess they put labels on the chips to make it look like a prototype or something and sell it for more money.

Famicom Billy

Also , it was recent , because I was able to remove the text from the cartridge  ;D

Andi567

Hello!  :)
I don't know if this is the right thread but I got to ask this Question. I bought this Game at a local flee market for about 5 bucks. On the Label, it says "Super Squirrel King" and "NT893". I cant really find any good information about it... is it common or rare? did I pay to much? is it even a famicom Cartridge? (I Hope so  :-[) I attached a picture of the Game below and i hope some of you guys can help me :)

svetli4a

First Hello to all u guys here, rlly nice place ... too bad i found it so late. 
Andi567: This is pirate cartridge, probably from Ka sheng guys coz of ''NT'' id .

xIceMan

Indeed, it is a Chip&Dale Hack.

NT-893      Super Squirrel King  ("Chip & Dale" hack)

Info from here: http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/cartsbase.php

NintendoKing

Ghegs

Left is Hydlide 3.

The one on the right is Valkyrie no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu.

NintendoKing

Thank you so much, I was very curious.

Valkyrie no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu Is very reminiscent of the original Legend of Zelda.

CrackN

I found a box of goodies at a garage sale but know nothing about them... are these repro? Any information is helpful, thank you!

Ghegs

Looks to be pirate carts all of them.