April 24, 2024, 06:42:28 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonneville97

Hey guys...i'm James for the USA. I stumbled across your site the other day. I've had a famicom since early 06 and i got the disk system a little later...been picking up games here and there and i'm really loving the loads of games we didn't get here. Hope to stick around and learn alot about the Famicom from you guys.  :)

133MHz

MaxXimus

I'm pretty much on the same boat as you James! Just started collecting not too long ago and am hooked. Welcome to the boards!

JC

Cool, James! :D Welcome. Is there a Famicom game you find particularly fun?

Bonneville97

out of what i have so far....twin bee and super chinese are 2 of my favs.....aside from my mario 3, Zelda 1 and 2 and metroid..lol...there are like 5 games i got that i don't know what they are...3 came with my disk system and 2 with my famicom lot...(got both systems from Variety Recycle Nippon  ;D ) One of them is a written over disk of Kid Icarus..which i am looking for. But yeah...so out of what i know how to play it's Twin Bee for the win

JC

Cool, man. I've never gotten into Twin Bee, but I'll give it another whirl. As for collecting...the best advice -- if you've got a little bit of money to mess with -- is to buy game lots and see what you find. There are a bunch of games out there that are awesome but you'd never think to buy them.

MaxXimus

Speaking of game lots, I rarely see them on ebay. How much would a lot of say, 50 games go for on YAJ including shipping?

FamicomFreak

Quote from: MaxXimus on November 27, 2007, 09:22:34 am
Speaking of game lots, I rarely see them on ebay. How much would a lot of say, 50 games go for on YAJ including shipping?

Good question that's something I would like to know as well.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Well, that depends heavily on what games are in the lot.

You may want to watch 2 auctions, one with 100 games, the other with 82.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/108235771

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r41044606

MaxXimus

that translucent one on the bottom right is intriguing me

manuel

Yeah, that one looks nice. Does anybody know what it is? I can't read the title on the little photo.

*thread hijacked*

JC

It's gotta be Salamander (Life Force) with the label ripped off.

And you can usually get loose cart lots for less than a $1 for each game, unless there's something rare thrown in. Loose disk lots sell for $2 to $3 per disk.

FamicomFreak

I really should sign up on yahoo japan
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Flash1087

All I want is that copy of Ghostbusters. I will eventually own every Ghostbusters game ever.

MaxXimus

I think I saw a ghostbusters cart go for under $10 on an andyarcade auction. I was tempted.