March 28, 2024, 11:24:02 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Banana Ouji No Daibouken is pretty tough to find, it took me forever to find it, until I got my cart of it from Manuel. Never even seen a CIB copy of it for sale before. What about Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3? I notice you have that CIB, too. That's another one I've never seen for sale in such condition.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

CIB Yanchamaru 3 didn't give me much trouble to find. It's uncommon but it pops up often enough. I actually passed on a couple until I found one that I thought was a decent amount below what I perceived to be as "market value" at the time. However part 1 was tough. At first I had to google what the box even looked like, haha! Actually, a couple weeks ago a CIB one popped up and for much cheaper than what I paid (had to bid war for it). I considered picking it up just knowing how hard it can be to get. Decided to pass on it though and let someone else have it. No need to hoard the goods!  ;D

Yeah Banana Prince is definitely another tough one. I had to google the box art for that also... Fortunately the bid battle for that one wasn't as hard fought.

Nightstar699

Yeah I've noticed Yanchamaru 1 is tough to find CIB, just recently I noticed one sold on eBay for about 60 bucks. Only one I've seen for sale. But how much did you pay for Yanchamaru 3 CIB, if you don't mind me asking. Or rather, how much should I expect to pay for it when/if I get it?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

:o WOW!! A CIB part 1 for 60 bucks is a STEAL! Basically for free. I paid much, much more for that one.

If I recall, part 3 CIB ran me about 60-70 bucks. Don't know what the average price is today. I did browse the Yahoo Japan Auctions a bit last night and noticed lots of good deals on CIBs there right now.

Nightstar699

Ah, really? No surprise it sold so quick, then. I often search for Kaiketsu Yanchamaru (in search of a CIB part 3!) and I didn't even see it until it had already ended. As for part 3, it'll be a while until I have money to get games but I'll keep that in mind, thank you. I'm willing to pay between $100-$150 for a CIB Yanchamaru 3.

Oh, and here is my actual stash. Where I keep my Famicom games.

My favorites are the stack in front... I wish I could stack up all the boxes beside the carts, but it wouldn't fit. So I just lay some of them in front like that. I also have two more CIB games coming in the mail for me at the moment.

stealthlurker

Looking good! Especially with that Hammerin Harry part 1 there. As much as I like CIBs, seeing the brightly colored loose carts is great too and very nostalgic for me. If I had the room... I'd love a store front clear glass case to display loose carts.

I hear you with the storage. I have to stack my famicom stuff and other stuff multiple rows deep to save on space. It makes it a pain when you need to access a game behind other rows.

Nightstar699

Thanks man! Actually one of the games I have coming in the mail for me right now, is a CIB Hammerin' Harry 2. So I guess I'll keep them together then.

Whenever I try getting a Famicom game from the stack, I always worry about them falling. Gotta be careful with those. Do you keep all your games in their boxes? Or do you keep the carts separately? Those would make for a beautiful display indeed.

Ghegs

Quote from: Ghegs on May 26, 2013, 04:05:59 amGourmet is one I'll probably never get, unless I spot a really good deal - I just don't like the game enough to justify the cost. Same thing with Battle Formula.

Well, hah. Just as soon as I say that I noticed an eBay auction for CIB Gourmet, throw in what I think is a fairly low max. bid and end up winning it. Ah well. Now if that would happen with Battle Formula...

Nightstar699

Quote from: Ghegs on May 26, 2013, 11:20:54 pm
Quote from: Ghegs on May 26, 2013, 04:05:59 amGourmet is one I'll probably never get, unless I spot a really good deal - I just don't like the game enough to justify the cost. Same thing with Battle Formula.

Well, hah. Just as soon as I say that I noticed an eBay auction for CIB Gourmet, throw in what I think is a fairly low max. bid and end up winning it. Ah well. Now if that would happen with Battle Formula...

Congratulations. Lucky you, even people who don't like it have my beloved Gourmet World CIB. :( Someday I'll get the money for it.

Ghegs

Well, I wouldn't say I don't like it - just that all the times I've seen it CIB it has been for prices I've been unwilling to pay for a game that is so easy.

Nightstar699

Yeah I see what you mean. Gourmet World is very easy, but a few parts are tricky if you're going for a no-damage run. I'd say Jigoku Gokuraku Maru, Pizza Pop, and Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 2 are easier games.

stealthlurker

Quote from: Nightstar699 on May 26, 2013, 11:44:19 am
Thanks man! Actually one of the games I have coming in the mail for me right now, is a CIB Hammerin' Harry 2. So I guess I'll keep them together then.

Whenever I try getting a Famicom game from the stack, I always worry about them falling. Gotta be careful with those. Do you keep all your games in their boxes? Or do you keep the carts separately? Those would make for a beautiful display indeed.

For the most part I keep my carts with boxes inside. If I have a loose cart version I tend to use that as my day to day for play copy. I don't really have room to display my loose carts so I just keep them in a cardboard box. Maybe one day I'll have a proper display for stuff.

Nightstar699

Ah, I see. Are there any Famicom games whatsoever that you still want? I looked through all your collection pictures and I couldn't think of a single good action game you don't already have.

stealthlurker

There are a couple I'd still want to eventually get.. like Chip n Dale part 1. Some of the other Flying Hero games. I forget what else...

I was also thinking of maybe going for a pulse line and or small box collection too.

However I'm mainly interested in CIB jpn style repros of disk only games, US only games, some hacks or indie games at the moment in terms of FC.

MaxXimus

My small collection of games. I can take closer up pictures if you guys want.  A bunch of stuff is hidden behind other games.

I have a few  other systems not shown here such as my PS3.