March 28, 2024, 10:53:42 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Quote from: Ghegs on February 13, 2016, 10:54:07 am
*video games*

That truly is a beautiful sight to behold, happy to have seen your set altogether at last! A few pleasant surprises in there for sure, for example I wasn't certain if you wanted Maten Doji but I'm glad you went for it since it's a great game. As expected, there's a huge amount of overlap in terms of our action games, our sets look quite similar... however, the biggest difference is that you favor puzzle games while I favor beat 'em ups, so the main paths we differ will lie there.

Your presentation for this wonderful collection is pretty nice too - mind if I borrow the format for when I take my pics?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 14, 2016, 08:37:43 amYour presentation for this wonderful collection is pretty nice too - mind if I borrow the format for when I take my pics?

Hey, go for it. When can we expect to see your pictures?

Nightstar699

I'll aim for today! If not then tomorrow since it's a national holiday here. Say, looking over your pictures there's something I missed initially: Silver Surfer was absent from your NES set. Did you sell that one off?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

I actually gave it away. A few years ago a friend of mine got burgled and he lost most of his gaming collection, including his NES games. So I decided to give him a few titles I had no real need for. Silver Surfer was one, Vice: Project Doom and Kabuki Quantum Fighter were others (already had Gun-Dec and Jigoku Gokuraku Maru at that point). Might've been one more, but I don't remember what it was.

Nightstar699

That was a kind act on your part, Ghegs. Having those gems must have helped him get back into the swing of things. I ended up taking pictures of my stuff after all, and as stated earlier I absolutely ripped off the format from your pics... but, I think that kinda makes it interesting, to see just how similar some of these pictures are to their respective equivalents in your post.

Here we go... I started by company, but then started to sort them by genre instead.

The Konami games:

The Capcom games:

The Nintendo games:

The Hudson games:

The Sunsoft games:

The Jaleco games:

The Sanrio games:

Shmups and shmup-ish games from various developers:

The "non-action games" (Sports, racing, and puzzle games that don't fit into other categories)

The plastic case games (Namco/some Taito stuff)

Various action games, tier 1

Various action games, tier 2

Various action games, tier 3

Various action games, tier 4 (horizontal edition)

Various action games, tier 4 (vertical edition)

And finally, the few NES games I have

Really the only "extra" thing I have is a guide book for Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 1, so I didn't bother to take a pic of that.

Toneman

I'll snap the loose ones another time

Instagram: Kokujin804

Ghegs

@Nightstar699: Nice, very nice. It's almost surreal seeing a collection that's so similar to my own.

Nightstar699

Yeah, I definitely got the same feeling browsing your stuff. In the end I think there was about as much overlap as expected. One I notice you passed on is Spartan X2 - does this game not justify its own price in your mind, or do you still have it in mind as a potential last-get? I know feelings are pretty mixed about this game but I think it's a well-made product, the only issue is just that it lacks a hard mode, or a looping option like the original.

L___E___T

February 16, 2016, 02:12:19 pm #683 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:59:28 pm by L___E___T

Awesome collections!  IMO Spartan X2 is worth it just for the cut scenes :D

When I move house I promise I will snap all of mine.  I wouldn't say it's as impressive as these - (the sight of all those CIBs is staggering) but it's a lot of brand new items and hardware that I think would be interesting to see, or at least catalog.  I can't hold on to it forever in any case,space has become a real issue.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 16, 2016, 12:58:13 pmOne I notice you passed on is Spartan X2 - does this game not justify its own price in your mind, or do you still have it in mind as a potential last-get?

Spartan X 2 is one of those I might still grab, if I see it for a decent price. Same thing with New Ghostbusters II, I don't think either are worth the price tag they often go for. The latter especially is just kind of boring.

HokusaiXL

Moved a few times since registering here, had to redo my setup again. 
I don't know how to fox. D:

Nuudoru

Here's my very shy collection of famicom games. I got a very cheap package deal from a japanese guy who was moving back to Japan and wanted to get rid of as much as possible. Zelda 1 included the map and everything which was really neat to look at!

MaxXimus

Very nice. My first Famicom was one of those but mine was by yobo. Same design though.

Nuudoru

Quote from: SumixXam on March 14, 2016, 04:48:14 pm
Very nice. My first Famicom was one of those but mine was by yobo. Same design though.

If I recall correctly they are made by the same company but neo fami is the japanese equivalent.

MaxXimus

Perhaps the systems were put in to production by a few companies? Mine was a Japanese version as well.